Godinje (Montenegrin Cyrillic: Годиње) is a village in Montenegro, in the municipality of Bar. It is located on a hill overlooking Lake Skadar, and belongs to the Crmnička nahija. The village is the ancestral home of the Lekovići and Nikač brotherhoods. In 1977, a resident of Godinje would still say, more than half-seriously, "In Godinje, everyone's surname is Leković", a reminder of a time when family clans lived in mountainous isolation in Montenegro.
- Central: Lekovići (45 houses)
- East: Perazići (19 houses)
- West: Velovići (4 houses)
- West: Nikači (17 houses).
- Montenegro: Yugoslavia's "Black Mountain", by Bryan Hodgson, pg. 663—683, National Geographic, Vol. 152, No. 5, November 1977.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Godinje.|
|This Montenegro location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|