The Godwin-Austen Glacier is a glacier in the Karakoram, close to K2 in the Pakistani region of Gilgit Baltistan. Its confluence with the Baltoro Glacier is called Concordia and is a popular trekking destination as it provides views of four of the five eight-thousanders in the region.
The glacier can be approached via the Balti town of Skardu. It receives its name from Henry Haversham Godwin-Austen, an early explorer of this region. K2 was originally named Mount Godwin-Austin in his honour.
List of peaks
Peaks near Concordia include:
- K2, 2nd highest of the world at 8,611m.
- Gasherbrum I, 11th highest of the world at 8,080m.
- Broad Peak, 12th highest of the world at 8,047m.
- Gasherbrum II, 13th highest of the world at 8,035m.
- Gasherbrum III, 7,946m. (Often regarded as a subpeak of Gasherbrum II.)
- Gasherbrum IV, 17th highest of the world at 7,932m.
- Masherbrum (K1), 22nd highest of the world at 7,821m.
- Chogolisa, 36th highest of the world at 7,665m.
- Muztagh Tower, 7,273m.
- Snow Dome, 7,160m.
- Biarchedi, 6,781 m
- Mitre Peak, 6,010m.
- Baltoro Glacier
- List of mountains in Pakistan
- List of highest mountains
- List of glaciers
|This Pakistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|