Goin' Back to Indiana
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Goin' Back to Indiana|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||September 29, 1971|
|The Jackson 5 chronology|
Goin' Back to Indiana was a live/soundtrack album by the Jackson 5 for Motown Records, taken from their September 16, 1971 ABC TV special of the same name. This is the Jackson 5's sixth album overall.
The Goin' Back to Indiana television special featured comedians Bill Cosby and Tommy Smothers, singers Bobby Darin and Diana Ross, football players Roosevelt "Rosey" Grier, and Ben Davidson, and basketball stars Bill Russell, Elgin Baylor, and Elvin Hayes. It also featured tracks recorded by the Jackson 5 during their May 29 "homecoming" concert in Gary, Indiana (hence, both the show title and name of 1970 song that appeared on the Third Album, 1970). The album went on to sell 2.6 million copies worldwide.
- "I Want You Back" (The Corporation) – 4:14
- "Maybe Tomorrow" (The Corporation) – 4:15
- "The Day Basketball Was Saved" (Bill Angelos, Buz Kohan, Dick DeBenedictis) – 7:59
- "Stand!" (Sylvester Stewart) – 4:15
- "I Want to Take You Higher" (Sylvester Stewart) – 2:13
- "Feelin' Alright" (originally by Traffic) (Dave Mason) – 4:12
- Medley: "Walk On" (this version originally by Isaac Hayes) / "The Love You Save" (The Corporation) – 4:57
- "Goin' Back to Indiana" (The Corporation) – 4:47
In 2001, Motown Records remastered all Jackson 5 albums in a 'Two Classic Albums/One CD' series (much like they did in the late 1980s). This album was paired up with Lookin' Through the Windows (1972). The bonus tracks were "Love Song" and a live performance of "Who's Lovin' You", which first appeared on the soundtrack of the 1992 TV movie The Jacksons: An American Dream.
- Jackson 5 - Goin' Back to Indiana (1971) album review by Lindsay Planer, credits & releases
- Chery, Carl: XXL: Michael Jackson Special Collectors Edition, page 100. American Press.
- Jackson 5 - Goin' Back to Indiana (1971) album overview at www.jackson5abc.com (page is in French)
- Jackson 5 - Goin' Back to Indiana (1971) album review by Lindsay Planer, credits & releases at AllMusic
- Jackson 5 - Goin' Back to Indiana (1971) album releases & credits at Discogs
- Jackson 5 - Goin' Back to Indiana (1971) album to be listened as stream on Spotify