Going by the Book
|Going by the Book|
|Revised Romanization||Bareuge Salja|
|Directed by||Ra Hee-chan|
|Produced by||Jang Jin|
|Written by||Jang Jin|
|Music by||Han Jae-kwon|
|Edited by||Kim Sang-bum|
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
Jung Do-man is a low-ranking traffic cop whose tendency to do things "by the book" sometimes gets him in trouble, such as when he pulls over his new boss, newly instated police chief Lee Seung-man, and issues him with a traffic ticket. Though surprised and annoyed by the unexpected fine, the police chief has bigger problems; the town of Sampo has been hit by a string of bank robberies, and to reassure the public he decides to carry out a realistic drill which will demonstrate the police force's capability. Do-man is chosen to act out the part of the bank robber, but with his usual fastidious attention to detail he sets out to commit the perfect crime.
- Jung Jae-young ... Jung Do-man
- Son Byong-ho ... Lee Seung-man
- Uhm Soo-jung ... Han So-young
- Lee Young-eun ... Jeon Da-hye
- Ko Chang-seok ... Woo Jong-dae
- Lee Cheol-min ... Jo Seong-wook
- Shin Goo ... Do-man's father
- Lee Yong-yi ... Do-man's mother
- Im Ji-eun ... Kim Sung-mi
- Joo Jin-mo ... bank branch manager
- Lee Han-wi ... police force team leader
- Jo Deok-hyun ... adviser
- Kim Kyu-chul ... senior Kim
- Jo Shi-nae ... Miss Lee
- Son Byeong-wook - camera man
- Lee Moon-su - negotiator
- Lee Hae-yeong - Song Gyung-tae
- Kim Seung-hun - Detective #2
- Park Sung-il - SWAT 4
- Kong Ho-suk - old man
- Jin Yong-ok - bank robber 1
Going by the Book was released in South Korea on 18 October 2007, and topped the box office on its opening weekend with 464,699 admissions. It held that position for a second successive weekend, going on to receive a total of 2,190,250 admissions nationwide, with a gross (as of 16 December 2007) of US$14,961,069.
- "South Korea Box Office December 14–16, 2007". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.
- "Box-Office Admission Results" (2007). Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.
- "Korean Box Office" (Week-end 2007.10.19 ~ 2007.10.21). HanCinema. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.
- "Korean Box Office" (Week-end 2007.10.26 ~ 2007.10.28). HanCinema. Retrieved on 2 December 2008.