Gok Cooks Chinese
|Gok Cooks Chinese|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||Channel 4|
|Original release||21 May –|
25 June 2012
Gok Cooks Chinese is a six-part Chinese cookery programme presented by Gok Wan. Over the course of the series he teaches home cooking of typical quick and healthy Chinese meals, often with the help of his father. The show was broadcast on Channel 4 in the United Kingdom in 2012.
The six episodes are:
- Episode 1: Chinese Classics: Wan shows viewers the simple basics of Chinese cooking and demonstrates how to cook the perfect egg-fried rice in 5 minutes. Originally broadcast 21 May 2012.
- Episode 2: Family Favourites: Wan and his father cook dragon scallops in burning oil sauce, pork and ginger soup and a soy-glazed chicken with spicy cucumber salad. Originally broadcast 28 May 2012.
- Episode 3: Traditional: Wan cooks some traditional Chinese dishes, including steamed lemon sole. He visits the kitchens of the Chinese Embassy. Originally broadcast 4 June 2012.
- Episode 4: Dim Sum: Wan cooks dim sum - minced chicken, ginger and finely chopped leek in wonton wrappers, salt pork ribs and black beans, and squid with cucumber salad. He paddles with the Raging Dragons and enjoys dim sum with them. Originally broadcast 11 June 2012.
- Episode 5: Street Food: Wan creates dishes usually served as street food in China, such as lamb and cucumber kebabs and beef noodle soup. Originally broadcast 18 June 2012.
- Episode 6: Celebration Feast: Wan cooks a Chinese celebratory feast, including sea bass with ginger and spring onions, melting pork, and Chinese chicken wrapped in lettuce leaves. Originally broadcast 25 June 2012.
|Episode||Episode theme||Broadcast date||Ratings||Weekly channel rank|
|1||Chinese Classics||21 May 2012||1.51m||8|
|2||Family Favourites||28 May 2012||1.15m||23|
|3||Traditional||4 June 2012||Under 0.97m||Outside Top 30|
|4||Dim Sum||11 June 2012||Under 1.07m||Outside Top 30|
|5||Street Food||18 June 2012||Under 1.17m||Outside Top 30|
|6||Celebration Feast||25 June 2012||Under 1.16m||Outside Top 30|
- "Gok Wan to host new Chinese cookery show". Metro. 20 February 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "TV review: Gok Cooks Chinese; Eurovision's Dirty Secret: Panorama". The Guardian. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "How to COOK good (thankfully not naked): Gok Wan turns celebrity chef for new Chinese cookery show". Daily Mail. 21 February 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Series 1 Episodes". IMDb. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 November 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)