|• Revised Romanization||Gokseong-gun|
Location in South Korea
|Administrative divisions||1 eup, 10 myeon|
|• Total||547.37 km2 (211.34 sq mi)|
|• Density||56.7/km2 (147/sq mi)|
- Taeansa Temple
- Neungpa Tower
- Seomjin River
- Dongli mountain valley
- Gok-song Haneulnari Village (a farming-themed village)
- Gokseong Train Village (site of historical steam engine train where folks can take a ride on an old fashioned train)
Buses to Gwangju and Gurye take 30 minutes and to Namwon takes one hour. However, it is quite difficult to go to southern parts of Jeollas like Suncheon, Jeonnam.
There are 3 interchanges on the Honam Expressway. These interactions are joined with other roads.
- Gokseong World Rose Festival - Every May, the World Rose Festival is held in Gokseong, Jeollanam-do. In the train town of Gokseong Seomjin River, tourists can enjoy a variety of attractions and experience programs including a steam locomotive and a rail bike.
Twin towns – sister cities
Gokseong is twinned with:
- Gangdong-gu, South Korea (1996)
- Geochang, South Korea (1998)
- Seo-gu, South Korea (2000)
- Uijeongbu, South Korea (2010)
|This South Korea location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|