From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gokuraku-ji (極楽寺?) is a Kōya-san Shingon temple in Naruto, Tokushima Prefecture, Japan. Temple 2 of the Shikoku 88 temple pilgrimage, the main image is of Amida Nyorai. The temple is said to have been founded by Gyōki.
- Heian period seated wooden statue of Amida Nyorai (Important Cultural Property)
- Mandala of the Two Realms (Prefectural Cultural Property)
- Cryptomeria said to have been planted by Kōbō Daishi (City Cultural Property)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gokurakuji (Naruto, Tokushima).|
- Miyata, Taisen (2006). The 88 Temples of Shikoku Island, Japan. Koyasan Buddhist Temple, Los Angeles. p. 45.
- Miyazaki, Tateki (2004). Shikoku henro hitori aruki dōgyō-ninin. Matsuyama. p. 42.
- "Database of Registered National Cultural Properties". Agency for Cultural Affairs. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- "Cultural Properties pdf". Tokushima Prefecture. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- "Gokurakuji". Naruto City. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- "Gokurakuji". Naruto City Tourist Association. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- "Naruto Bunkazai". Naruto City. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
|This article about a Japanese building– or structure–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|