Gold (Australian TV channel)
|Launched||1 May 2012|
|Owned by||WIN Corporation|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) 16:9|
|Slogan||Go for Gold|
|Broadcast area||Southern NSW and ACT, Northern NSW & Gold Coast, Griffith, Regional Victoria, Mildura, Regional Queensland, Tasmania, Eastern South Australia, Regional Western Australia|
|Formerly called||WIN Gold (1–5 May 2012)|
|Timeshift service||Gold 2
(13 July 2013 – 19 January 2016)
|Freeview WIN regional (virtual)||85|
|VAST (virtual)||85 (WA only)|
Gold (stylised as GOLD) is an Australian advertorial datacasting channel that launched on 1 May 2012 by the WIN Corporation. It is available to homes in most regional WIN Television viewing areas on LCN 85. The channel broadcasts mostly infomercials, as well as education, lifestyle, community programming as well as television classics from the Crawfords library.
On 26 April 2012, a test broadcast commenced on LCN 84 with the channel name "TBA". On 30 April 2012, the broadcast changed to a screen informing viewers that WIN Gold would commence on 1 May 2012. The channel launched at 6am and was initially branded as "WIN Gold", until it was changed to simply Gold on 5 May 2012.
With the March 2016 revival of WIN HD on LCN 80 (then-occupied by 9Gem) and launch of 9Life on LCN 84 (then-occupied by Gold), WIN's channel listing was reshuffled to mirror Nine's metropolitan listing with 9Gem on LCN 82, 9Go! on LCN 83, 9Life on LCN 84, Extra on LCN 85 and Gold on LCN 86.
On 1 July 2016, WIN switched its primary affiliation from the Nine Network to Network Ten. Consequently, WIN's channel listing was reshuffled to place One on LCN 81, Eleven on LCN 82, TVSN on LCN 84 and Gold on LCN 85.
Gold is available in standard definition through WIN's stations: RTQ Queensland, WIN Southern New South Wales & ACT, NRN in Northern New South Wales, VTV Victoria, TVT Tasmania, MTN Griffith, STV Mildura, MGS Mount Gambier, LRS Riverland, and WOW Western Australia.
- Knox, David (1 May 2012). "WIN GOLD launches on Channel 84". TV Tonight. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- "About Us – GOLD". WIN Television. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- Knox, David (10 February 2016). "No 7flix for Prime, new channels "soon" for WIN". TV Tonight. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- Joyce, James (26 June 2016). "WIN and Southern Cross: What Canberra viewers need to know about big TV switch". The Canberra Times. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- Knox, David. "Nine signs news cricket deal, buys Adelaide affiliate". Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Nine to buy WIN Perth TV station". Australian Associated Press. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- Knox, David (13 July 2013). "WIN launches GOLD2". TV Tonight. Retrieved 13 July 2013.