Gold (Britt Nicole album)
|Studio album by Britt Nicole|
|Released||March 26, 2012|
|Genre||Christian pop, EDM, pop rock, hip hop|
|Producer||Josh Crosby, David Garcia, Dan Muckala, Christopher Stevens|
|Britt Nicole chronology|
|Singles from Gold|
Gold is the third studio album by Britt Nicole. It was released on March 26, 2012 and features the Christian radio singles "All This Time", "Stand", and "Ready or Not", as well as her debut mainstream single "Gold". The album was re-released to mainstream markets on February 26, 2013 via Capitol Records, along with a new album cover.
The album has sold 124,000 copies in the US as of September 2016.
|Christian Music Zine|||
|Indie Vision Music|||
|Jesus Freak Hideout||
|Louder Than The Music|||
|New Release Tuesday|||
Christian Music Zine's Joshua Andre said "this album has left me literally with no words. Britt’s album is hands down more mature, lyrically and musically sound than her two previous albums combined (and her 2007 and 2009 albums were of high quality too!)."
Christianity Today's Kristin Garrett said that "it's a rare thing to find a CCM artist who appeals to top-40 fans, balancing Christian themes with a sound comparable to today's radio hits. Britt Nicole finds the sweet spot with Gold, showcasing catchy dance beats with the star quality of a Disney Channel diva."
Indie Vision Music's Jonathan Andre said "this is a terrific album, no dull points. Every song is a reminder that we are precious to God, that He will do anything for us to be with Him. These 13 songs have reminded me that He is always there in the midst of life, shaping and molding us into the people that He wants us to be." Andre wrote "this album incorporates dance, pop, ballads, rap, and every other genre. This album is for everyone, to be reminded that we don’t walk this world alone. Jesus is with us every step of the way and what a sobering thought this is! Isn’t that worth more than all the gold we can have? We are kings and queens of the most High God; let us claim who we are in Christ."
Jesus Freak Hideout's Jen Rose said "Gold is a solid pop album that is sure to please her fans, and it has the potential to win over some new ones. It's not particularly groundbreaking, but it is a fun listen that confirms Britt Nicole is far from a passing fad, but a capable artist that is here to stay."
Jesus Freak Hideout's Cortney Warner said "while it's not really innovative, Britt's fans will love Gold, and it should bring in some new fans as well."
Louder Than The Music's Jono Davies said "there are so many female artists around at the moment, producing great albums, meaning this isn't an easy genre to stand out from. But with this collection of songs Britt does just that, mixing together pop songs, dance sounding songs and big emotional ballads very well. These songs are all contain positive messages about being young and dealing with the hardships of life. Britt doesn't necessarily go over anything new lyrically, but what she does do is make great pop songs that people will relate to and hopefully help people out when they are dealing with life's trials."
New Release Tuesday's Kevin Davis said "this album is loaded with positive grace-filled messages of hope. The upbeat and heavily produced musical arrangements on this album perfectly accentuate Britt's powerful and passionate songs."
|1.||"Gold"||Jess Cates, Dan Muckala, Britt Nicole||2:58|
|2.||"All This Time"||David Garcia, Ben Glover, Nicole||3:23|
|3.||"Look Like Love"||Garcia, Glover, Nicole||3:31|
|4.||"Who You Say You Are"||Glover, Muckala, Nicole||4:11|
|5.||"Ready or Not" (featuring Lecrae)||Tofer Brown, Josh Crosby, Lecrae Moore, Nicole, Kyle Shearer||3:00|
|6.||"Breakthrough"||Garcia, Nicole, Christopher Stevens||3:12|
|7.||"Stand"||Jason Ingram, Muckala, Nicole||3:38|
|8.||"The Sun Is Rising"||Ingram, Muckala, Nicole||4:26|
|9.||"Amazing Life"||Ingram, Muckala, Nicole||3:33|
|10.||"Still That Girl"||Garcia, Glover, Nicole, Stevens||4:26|
|11.||"Seeing for the First Time"||Ingram, Nicole||4:01|
|iTunes bonus tracks|
|12.||"Amazing Life (Capital Kings Remix)"||Ingram, Muckala, Nicole||3:08|
|13.||"Straight for Your Heart"||Aaron Gillespie, Muckala, Nicole||4:40|
|iTunes Mainstream re-release bonus tracks|
|12.||"Gold" (Jason Nevins Rhythmic Radio [Remix])||Cates, Muckala, Nicole||3:13|
|13.||"Gold" (Wideboys Remix)||Cates, Muckala, Nicole||3:20|
iTunes bonus tracks
- Story Behind "All This Time" [Digital Bonus Track]
- Story Behind "Gold" [Digital Bonus Track]
|US Billboard 200||41|
|Billboard Hot Christian Albums||1|
|Billboard Christian Albums||34|
|2012||"All This Time"||US Billboard Christian Songs||3|
|2012||"Stand"||US Billboard Christian Songs||36|
|2013||"Gold"||US Billboard Hot 100 Singles||83|
|2013||"Gold"||US Billboard Pop Songs||28|
|2013||"Gold"||US Billboard Christian Songs||16|
|2013||"Ready or Not"||US Billboard Christian Songs||25|
Other charted songs
|2012||"Breakthrough"||UK Cross Rhythms Weekly Chart||3|
- "Britt Nicole, Gold". EMI CMG. (c)2008 EMI CMG Distribution. Retrieved 02-01-12. Check date values in:
- "Upcoming Releases". Hits Daily Double. HITS Digital Ventures. Archived from the original on September 28, 2016.
- Johnson, Jared (Mar 26, 2012). "Gold review". Allmusic. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- Aspinwall, Grace S. (May 1, 2012). "Gold review". CCM Magazine. Archived from the original on October 19, 2014. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- Andre, Joshua (Mar 26, 2012). "Gold review". Christian Music Zine. Archived from the original on June 6, 2012. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- Garrett, Kristin (Mar 1, 2012). "Gold review". Christianity Today. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- Cooper, Andy (September 25, 2012). "Review: Gold – Britt Nicole". Cross Rhythms. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- Andre, Jonathan (Apr 2, 2012). "Gold review". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- Rose, Jen (Mar 25, 2012). "Gold review". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- Warner, Cortney (Apr 2, 2012). "Gold review". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- Davies, Jono (Mar 28, 2012). "Gold review". Louder Than The Music. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- Davis, Kevin (Mar 13, 2012). "Gold review". New Release Tuesday. Retrieved May 5, 2012.
- "Christian Albums : Aug 18, 2013 – (Chart position) | Billboard Chart Archive". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Christian Songs" (in Finnish). Billboard. Retrieved Nov 4, 2012.
- "Cross Rhythms Top Ten". Crossrhythms.co.uk. Retrieved Nov 4, 2012.