Gold Digger (TV series)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Created by||Marnie Dickens|
|Written by||Marnie Dickens|
|Directed by||Vanessa Caswill|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Executive producer(s)||Guy de Glanville|
|Production company(s)||Mainstreet Pictures|
|Original network||BBC One|
|Original release||12 November 2019 –|
Gold Digger is a six-part drama miniseries starring Julia Ormond and Ben Barnes scheduled to air weekly from Tuesday 12 November 2019 on BBC1. Unusually for a BBC series, all episodes became available on BBC iPlayer on the day of the first episode's television broadcast.
After putting her own life behind the lives of everyone around her, a wealthy 60-year-old woman enters into a relationship with a man half her age. Her adult children worry that he's a gold digger.
Cast and characters
- Julia Ormond as Julia Day, a wealthy 60-year-old who falls in love with a younger man.
- Ben Barnes as Benjamin Greene, Julia's 36-year-old boyfriend.
- Alex Jennings as Ted Day, Julia's ex-husband.
- Sebastian Armesto as Patrick Day, the oldest of Julia and Ted's children.
- Yasmine Akram as Eimear Day, Patrick's wife.
- Jemima Rooper as Della Day, Julia and Ted's daughter.
- Archie Renaux as Leo Day, the 25-year-old son of Julia and Ted, who still lives with his mother.
- Nikki Amuka-Bird as Marsha, Julia's former best friend who had an affair with Ted.
- Julia McKenzie as Hazel, Ted's mother.
- Indica Watson as Charlotte Day, Patrick's daughter and Julia's grand daughter.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|| Viewers|
|1||"Her Boy"||Vanessa Caswill||Marnie Dickens||12 November 2019||N/A|
|2||"Her Daughter"||Vanessa Caswill||Marnie Dickens||19 November 2019||TBD|
|3||"Her Rival"||Vanessa Caswill||Marnie Dickens||26 November 2019||TBD|
|4||"Her Husband"||David Evans||Marnie Dickens||3 December 2019||TBD|
|5||"Her Baby"||David Evans||Marnie Dickens||10 December 2019||TBD|
|6||"Her Love"||David Evans||Marnie Dickens||17 December 2019||TBD|
It was announced in August 2018 that Julia Ormond would be starring in the six part miniseries, commissioned by the BBC. The first three episodes of the series were directed by Vanessa Caswill. Ben Barnes was cast later that month. The supporting cast, including Alex Jennings, Jemima Rooper and Sebastian Armesto, was added as filming began between Devon and London. Filming commenced in September 2018.
On Rotten Tomatoes, the show holds an approval rating of 38%. The critical consensus reads: "Visually gorgeous and thematically ambitious, but ultimately void of cohesion, Gold Digger bites off more than it can chew."
Lucy Mangan of The Guardian, however called the show "a bold and hugely entertaining attempt by writer Marnie Dickens." 
- Julia Ormond to Star in BBC Thriller 'Gold Digger'
- ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ & ‘Westworld’s Ben Barnes To Star In BBC One Drama ‘Gold Digger’
- ‘The Crown’s Alex Jennings & ‘Lost in Austen’s Jemima Rooper Join BBC Drama ‘Gold Digger’
- "Filming Begins on BBC One's GOLD DIGGER".
- "Gold Digger: Miniseries".
- Mangan, Lucy (2019-11-12). "Gold Digger review – the twisty toyboy thriller that will get everyone talking". The Guardian.
|This article relating to United Kingdom television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|