GoldenTree Asset Management
The firm was founded in 2000 by Steven A. Tananbaum. As of September 2016, the firm has over $24 billion of assets under management. GoldenTree has over 220 employees of which 26 are partners. The firm is ranked in Bloomberg’s 100 Top-Performing Large Hedge Funds.
On 16 November 2018 Johnston Press announced it was filing for administration, intending to sell its assets to its creditors, the largest creditor with about £70m of bonds, being Goldentree Asset Management. 
GoldenTree is a global credit manager that specializes in credit opportunities across high yield bonds, leveraged loans, distressed, structured products and emerging markets debt. GoldenTree manages over $24 billion for institutional investors including public and corporate pensions, endowments, foundations, and sovereign wealth funds.
- "Our Firm". GoldenTree Asset Management. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Hedge Fund - GoldenTree Asset Management". Insider Monkey. September 30, 2016.
- "GoldenTree Asset Management". LinkedIn. Retrieved November 21, 2016.
- "The 100 Top-Performing Large Hedge Funds". Bloomberg L.P. January 4, 2013.
- "Johnston Press announces intention to file for administration".
- Garrahan, Matthew; Wells, Peter. "Troubled Johnston Press agrees administration deal with lenders". The Financial Times.
- "Johnston Press announces irescue plan".
- "Strategies". GoldenTree Asset Management. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- Sam Forgione (November 17, 2016). "GoldenTree's Tananbaum bullish on Puerto Rico bonds into 2017". Reuters.