|Golden Bear (Goldener Bär)|
|Presented by||Berlin International Film Festival|
|Currently held by||Synonyms (2019)|
The Golden Bear (German: Goldener Bär) is the highest prize awarded for the best film at the Berlin International Film Festival. The bear is the heraldic animal of Berlin, featured on both the coat of arms and flag of Berlin. The winners of the first Berlin International Film Festival in 1951 were determined by a German panel, and there were five winners of the Golden Bear, divided by categories and genres. Between 1952 and 1955, the winners of the Golden Bear were determined by the audience members. In 1956, the FIAPF (Fédération Internationale des Associations de Producteurs de Films) formally accredited the festival, and since then the Golden Bear has been awarded by an international jury.
- Ang Lee (Taiwan) (1993; 1996)
Golden Bear – Honorary Award
|1993||Gregory Peck and Billy Wilder|
|1996||Elia Kazan and Jack Lemmon|
|2002||Robert Altman and Claudia Cardinale|
|2005||Im Kwon-taek and Fernando Fernán Gómez|
|2006||Andrzej Wajda and Ian McKellen|
|2010||Wolfgang Kohlhaase and Hanna Schygulla|
- Silver Bear and other awards at the Berlin International Film Festival
- Palme d'Or, the highest prize awarded at the Cannes Film Festival
- Golden Lion, the highest prize awarded at the Venice Film Festival
- Golden Leopard, the highest prize awarded at the Locarno Festival
- "- Berlinale – Archive – Annual Archives – 1952 – Juries".
- "THE HONORARY GOLDEN BEAR". Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "Claude Lanzmann to receive Berlin's Honorary Golden Bear". screendaily. Retrieved 2012-12-13.
- "Homage and Honorary Golden Bear for Ken Loach". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 2013-12-15. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Homage 2015 and Honorary Golden Bear for Wim Wenders". berlinale.de. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Martin Scorsese's Longtime Cinematographer Michael Ballhaus Is Set To Be Honoured With A Lifetime Achievement Award At The 2016 Berlin International Film Festival". contactmusic.com. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Berlinale.|