Golden Empire Drum and Bugle Corps
|Uniform||Red on right & black on left jacket
w/ wide gold on silver stripe from
left shoulder to bottom center,
gold buttons, silver on gold triangle
Black gauntlets w/silver accent
Black shoes and socks
Black shako w/silver chains,
gold on silver badge, black plume
The Golden Empire Drum and Bugle Corps is an Open Class (formerly Divisions II & III) competitive junior drum and bugle corps. Based in Bakersfield, California, Golden Empire performs in Drum Corps International (DCI) competitions.
|This section requires expansion with: additional detail & citations. (July 2014)|
The corps was founded in the Fall of 2013 at Bakersfield College as an extension of the existing Bakersfield College Drumline.
Recruiting was done at local marching band shows, staff was added, and a musical program developed. Auditions were held, and members of the new corps rehearsed through the Winter and Spring, then went to corps camp in the mountains at Lebec, California.
On May 21, DCI announced that Golden Empire was one of seven new or renewed corps approved to join the 2014 summer competitions,
On June 20, the corps made its debut at Clovis, marching 93 members– 43 brass, 21 battery percussion, 10 front ensemble, 16 auxiliary/color guard, and 3 drum majors. In that first show, the corps placed 3rd in Open Class, behind Vanguard Cadets and Blue Devils B, both three-time world champions in the class.
For its first season, Golden Empire scheduled eight contests on four weekends in June and July, with the corps making appearances in Southern, Central, and Northern California.
Golden Empire Drum and Bugle Corps is sponsored by Golden Empire Performing Arts, an account of the Bakersfield College Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization which exists to support the activities of the Bakersfield College Drumline and the Golden Empire Drum and Bugle Corps from Bakersfield College. The corps director is Tim Heasley.
|2014||A Journey Begins||Mvt. I - A Journey Begins / Mvt. II - The Balloon Ride / Mvt. III - Thinking of Home / Mvt. IV - Uncharted Waters
All music is derived from Symphony No. 9 in E minor, "From the New World", Op. 95, B. 178 by Antonín Dvořák
|2015||The Color of Crime||The Area is Secure & Pinch of a Finger by Christophe Beck / Perfect Day for a Murder by Henry Mancini /
Feeling Good by Anthony Newley / Dreamsville by Henry Mancini /
The Damburger Incident, Dragalong Dreyfus & Chasing Yuri by Christophe Beck / Pink Panther by Henry Mancini
- "Corps/Open Class". Drum Corps International. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Influx of Open Class corps approved to participate in 2014 DCI Tour". Drum Corps International. May 21, 2014. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "About Golden Empire D&B". Golden Empire Performing Arts. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Drum Corps in Southern California Rocked at 10-Corps Shows in Glendora and Oceanside". Drum Corps World. July 2014. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "About Golden Empire Performing Arts". Golden Empire Performing Arts. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Staff". Golden Empire Performing Arts. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Song History for Golden Empire". Mahere Associates, Inc. Retrieved May 10, 2015.