Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Alex Ross Perry|
|Written by||Alex Ross Perry|
|Music by||Keegan DeWitt|
|Cinematography||Sean Price Williams|
|Edited by||Robert Greene|
Golden Exits is an American-Greek drama film written, co-produced and directed by Alex Ross Perry. It stars Emily Browning, Adam Horovitz, Mary Louise Parker, Jason Schwartzman, Chloë Sevigny and Analeigh Tipton.
Two families who live and work on the east side of the Carroll Gardens neighborhood of Brooklyn are interrupted by the arrival of Naomi, a 25-year-old Australian summer intern with connections to both families.
- Emily Browning as Naomi, a summer intern from Australia
- Adam Horovitz as Nick, an archivist organizing his late father's-in-law papers
- Mary-Louise Parker as Gwendolyn, Alyssa's sister
- Lily Rabe as Sam, Gwendolyn's assistant
- Jason Schwartzman as Buddy, a recording studio owner whose mom was a college friend with Naomi's mom
- Chloë Sevigny as Alyssa, Nick's wife and business partner
- Analeigh Tipton as Jess, Buddy's wife and Sam's sister
In May 2016, it was revealed Alex Ross Perry had written and directed the film, with Emily Browning, Adam Horowitz, Mary-Louise Parker, Lily Rabe, Jason Schwartzman, Chloë Sevigny and Analeigh Tipton cast in the film.
The film had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 22, 2017, and later screened at the Berlin International Film Festival. Shortly after, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions acquired international distribution rights to the film. while Vertical Entertainment and Stage 6 Films acquired U.S. distribution rights to the film, and set it for a February 9, 2018, release.
Golden Exits received positive reviews from film critics. It holds a 67% approval rating on review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, based on 51 reviews, with a weighted average of 6.14/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Golden Exits tells a small-scale tale whose seemingly mundane trappings belie a satisfying handful of finely tuned observations about modern life and relationships." On Metacritic, the film holds a rating of 69 out of 100, based on 19 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- "Printable Film Guide" (PDF). Sundance Film Festival. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Golden Exits". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved March 14, 2018.
- Hipes, Patrick (May 3, 2016). "Alex Ross Perry Pic 'Golden Exits' Set With Ensemble Cast". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 23, 2016.
- Nordine, Michael (May 3, 2016). "Alex Ross Perry's 'Golden Exits' Cast Announced: Jason Schwartzman, Emily Browning & More Lead Indie Drama". Indiewire. Retrieved May 23, 2016.
- J, Emily (May 3, 2016). "Alex Ross Perry & Jason Schwartzman Reteam for "Golden Exits"". Tracking-board.com. Retrieved May 23, 2016.
- Jaugernauth, Kevin (May 3, 2016). "Alex Ross Perry Lines Up Emily Browning, Adam Horowitz, Mary Louise Parker, Jason Schwartzman & Chloe Sevigny For 'Golden Exits'". ThePlaylist.net. Retrieved May 23, 2016.
- "2017 SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL: COMPETITION AND NEXT LINEUP ANNOUNCED". Sundance Film Festival. November 29, 2016. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- "Golden Exits". Sundance Film Festival. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- Roxborough, Scott (January 18, 2017). "Berlin: Forum Lineup Unveiled". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- "Golden Exits". FilmRatings.com. Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- Sharf, Zac (January 4, 2018). "'Golden Exits' First Trailer: Alex Ross Perry is Back For Another Round of Indie Film Dysfunction". Indiewire.com. Retrieved February 9, 2018.
- "Golden Exits (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved May 24, 2019.
- "Golden Exits Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved February 14, 2018.