Golden Hill State Park
|Golden Hill State Park|
Location of Golden Hill State Park within New York State
|Location||9691 Lower Lake Road
Barker, New York
|Area||510 acres (2.1 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||70,734 (in 2014)|
|Website||Golden Hill State Park|
Golden Hill State Park is a 510-acre (2.1 km2) state park located in Niagara County, New York, United States. The park is on the south shore of Lake Ontario in the northeast corner of the Town of Somerset, north of Lower Lake Road. Thirty Mile Point Light is included within the park.
Golden Hill State Park was established in 1962 on the former estate of Robert Newell, a local industrialist; remnants of Newell's estate were largely left abandoned after the state purchased it and were not rediscovered until 2017.
The park offers picnic tables with pavilions, a playground and playing fields, recreation programs, a nature trail, hiking and biking, fishing and ice fishing, a boat launch, seasonal small game and waterfowl hunting, a campground with tent and trailer sites, ice skating, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and disc golf.
In 2005, Golden Hill was named one of Reserve America's Top Outdoor locations.
- "Golden Hill State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 672. Retrieved February 14, 2016.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- Reilly, Ed (April 18, 2017). Remains of 1920's luxury estate found in Barker. WKBW-TV. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- "New York State Parks :: Golden Hill State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Archived from the original on September 24, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2016.
|This article about a location in Niagara County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|