Golden Kela Awards
This article needs to be updated.(July 2015)
|Golden Kela Awards|
|Awarded for||Worst in Hindi Cinema|
|Presented by||Random Magazine|
The Golden Kela Awards (Hindi: गोल्डन केला अवॉर्ड्स) are a satirical take on Bollywood that award the worst performances in Hindi cinema each year. Created by Random Magazine, winners are selected each year by an online poll and receive an award in the shape of a golden banana (केला kelā in Hindi). The first award ceremony took place on 7 March 2009 in New Delhi (India). The fifth award ceremony was held on 30 March 2013. Jaspal Bhatti made a special appearance at the inaugural event, dishonoring the Indian film talent of the year 2008. The intention behind the Golden Kela is to ridicule the Hindi film stars and acknowledge the worst of Indian Cinema. Since, several award ceremonies each year celebrate the best of Hindi Cinema, Random Magazine and the Sundaas Film Institute chose to be different by giving away the Best of the Worst of Indian Cinema. Golden Kela Awards are not meant to insult anyone. It is just a way to make it a laughter exercise, a therapy of sorts to forget about the failures and look at what went wrong with the movie and the act. Abhishek Bachchan came to the Golden Kela Awards in 2010 and accepted the Dara Singh Award for his attempt to speak with an American accent in Delhi 6
- Worst Movie
- Worst Director
- Worst Actor (Male)
- Worst Actor (Female)
- Worst Actor (Others)
- Worst Supporting Actor (Male)
- Worst Supporting Actor (Female)
- Worst Debutant
- Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award (literally, "Have you gone mad?")
- Most Irritating Song
- Most Atrocious Lyrics
- Worst Pair
- Lajja Award for Worst Treatment of a Serious Issue
- Dara Singh Award For Worst Accent
- Black Award for Emotional Blackmail
- Insensitivity Award
- Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya Award (literally, "Stop it, enough!")
- Most Atrocious Lyrics: Anvita Dutt Guptan for Lucky Boy from Bachna Ae Haseeno
- Most Unoriginal Story: Hari Puttar: A Comedy of Terrors
- Most Irritating Song of the Year: Tandoori Nights from Karzzzz
|Worst Film||Love Story 2050|
|Worst Director||Kunal Kohli||Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic|
|Worst Actor (Male)||Suresh S gurjar||Karzzzz|
|Worst Actor (Female)||Priyanka Chopra||Love Story 2050|
|Worst Supporting Actor (Male)||Akshay Kumar||Chandni Chowk to China|
|Worst Supporting Actor (Female)||Kangana Ranaut||Fashion|
|Worst Debutant (Male)||Hurman Baweja||Love Story 2050|
|Worst Debutant (Female)||Asin||Ghajini|
|Bawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award||Ram Gopal Varma|
|When Did This Come Out Award||Wafa|
|Lajja Award for Worst Treatment of a Serious Issue Award||Deshdrohi|
|Worst Dialogue Delivery||Tusshar Kapoor|
|Worst Film||Sabbir Khan||Kambakkht Ishq|
|Worst Director||Ashutosh Gowariker||What's Your Raashee?|
|Worst Actor (Male)||Harman Baweja||What's Your Raashee?|
|Worst Actor (Female)||Kareena Kapoor||Kambakkht Ishq|
|Worst Actor (Others)||Rana Mahesh Pratap Singh||Muh Me Le Le|
|Worst Supporting Actor (Male)||Ranvir Shorey||Chandni Chowk to China|
|Worst Supporting Actor (Female)||Deepika Padukone||Chandni Chowk to China|
|BAWRA Ho Gaya Hai Kaya?||Denise Richards
|Worst Debutant (Male)||Jackky Bhagnani||Kal Kissne Dekha|
|Worst Debutant (Female)||Shruti Haasan||Luck|
|Worst Pair||Shahid Kapoor and Rani Mukerji||Dil Bole Hadippa!|
|Worst Film||Abhinav Kashyap||Dabanng|
|Worst Director||Sanjay Leela Bhansali||Guzaarish|
|Worst Actor (Male)||Salman Khan||Dabanng|
|Worst Actor (Female)||Sonam Kapoor||Aisha|
|Worst Supporting Actor (Male)||Arjun Rampal||We Are Family|
|Worst Supporting Actor (Female)||Kangana Ranaut||Kites|
|Worst Debutant (Male)||Aditya Narayan||Shaapit|
|Worst Debutant (Female)||Pakhi Tyrewala||Jhoota Hi Sahi|
|Worst Story||Action Replayy|
|BAWRA Ho Gaya Hai Kaya?||Ben Kingsley||Teen Patti|
|Most Atrocious Lyrics||Cry Cry Kitna Cry||Jhoota Hi Sahi|
|Most Irritating Song of The Year||Pee Loon||Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai|
|Worst Animated Film||Baru - The Wonder Kid|
|When Did This Came Out Award||Ek Second... Jo Zindagi Badal De?|
|The Chimpoo Kapoor Award
(For No-Talent Relatives of Celebrities)
|3 Idiots Childbirth Award
(For The Most Ridiculous Sequences in a Film)
(For Worst Treatment of A Serious Issue)
|Dunno Y... Na Jaane Kyon|
|Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya Award||Ram Gopal Varma|
|Jajantaram Mamantaram Award
(For Worst Named Film)
|Special Award for
The Worst Trilogy Ever in the History of Films
(For Emotional Blackmail)
|The Ajooba Award
(For Sheer Awasomeness)
|Sonu Nigam Award
(For Career Suicide)
|Worst Casting Ever||Jackie Shroff||Malik Ek|
|Worst Actor (Male)||Imran Khan||Mere Brother Ki Dulhan|
|Worst Actor (Female)||Deepika Padukone||Aarakshan|
|Worst Supporting Actor||Prateik Babbar||Dum Maaro Dum|
|Most Irritating Song||Teri Meri||Bodyguard|
|Most Atrocious Lyrics||Amitabh Bhattacharya||Pyaar Do Pyar Lo|
Jigar Ka Tukha
The Mutton Song
|Worst Debut (Male)||Chirag Paswan||Miley Naa Miley Hum|
|BAWRA Ho Gaya Hai Award||Pankaj Kapoor||Mausam|
|The Aaja Nach Le Award
(For Worst Attempt For Comeback)
|Esha Deol||Tell Me O Khuda|
|The Lajja Award
(For Worst Treatment of a Serious Issue)
|The Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya Award
(For Now its Too Much)
|The Shakti Kapoor Award
|Pyaar Ka Punchnama|
|The F.A.L.T.U. Award
(For The Most honestly Named Film)
|Worst Actor (Male)||Salman Khan||Everything he did||Nominated|
|Imran Khan||Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu||Nominated|
|Ram Charan Tej||Zanjeer||Nominated|
|Akshay Kumar||Housefull 2
|Siddharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan||Student of the Year||Nominated|
|Worst Actor (Female)|
|Sonakshi Sinha||For Everything She Did||Won|
|Katrina Kaif||Ek Tha Tiger||Nominated|
|Deepika Padukone &
|Farah Khan||Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi||Nominated|
|Alia Bhatt||Student of the Year||Nominated|
|Worst Film||Son Of Sardar||For being offensive...not just to the Sikh community, but to anyone with intelligence and a sense of humour.||Nominated|
|Housefull 2||For being way more full (of bad jokes, poor acting, horrible writing and cast members) than we could take.||Nominated|
|Joker||For being one of the worst films ever made...anywhere.||Won|
|Khiladi 786||For (among other reasons) being written by the 'multi-talented genius' known as Himesh Reshammiya||Nominated|
|Dabangg 2||For not being Dabangg||Nominated|
|Most Irritating Song||Chinta ta Chita Chita||Rowdy Rathore||Won|
|Son Of Sardar||Son Of Sardar||Nominated|
|Anarkali Disco Chali||Housefull 2||Nominated|
|Disco Deewane||Student of the Year||Nominated|
|Hookah Bar||Khiladi 786||Nominated|
- Most Atrocious Lyrics
- Anvita Dutt: Ishq wala Love (Student of the Year)
- Amitabh Bhattacharya: Halkat Jawani (Heroine)
- Shabbir Ahmed: Bipasha Bipasha (Jodi Breakers)
- Shabbir Ahmed: Po Po (Son Of Sardar)
- Sameer Anjaan: Chinta Ta Chita Chita (Rowdy Rathore)
- Himesh Reshammiya: Hookah Bar (Khiladi 786)
- Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award
- Homi Adjania: For following up Being Cyrus with Cocktail. We had expectations from you, Homi.
- Sanjay Khanduri: For taking his own awesome Ek Chaalis Ki Last Local, setting it in Delhi and making Kismat Love Paisa Dilli... and doing a horrible job of it.
- Ali Azmat: For sounding like a parody of his former self in the song Maula from Jism 2.
- Indian Moviegoers: For spending more than 600 crores on Bol Bachchan, Housefull 2, Agneepath, Rowdy Rathore and Ek Tha Tiger (we'll keep adding the crores as figures keep coming in for Khiladi 786 and Dabangg 2).
Anti-Kela Awards (2012)
- Paan Singh Tomar - For reminding us why we always (secretly) loved the dacoits more than the heroes.
- Gangs of Wasseypur - For reminding us that s***a Hindustan mein jab tak cinema hai, log bante rahenge.
- Kahaani - For showing that a film doesn't need a 'hero' to be a hit.
- Vicky Donor - For showing that you can make a 'family comedy' about sperm donation (and reminding us why we used to like Annu Kapoor)
Worst Actor (female)- Sonakshi Sinha for Everything She Did
Worst film - Himmatwala
Most Annoying Song - Party All Night from Boss
Most Pointless Sequel/Remake Award – Himmatwala
Worst film - Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015 film)|Prem Ratan Dhan Payo]]
Most Annoying Song - Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (Title Track)
Most Pointless Sequel/Remake Award – MSG-2 The Messenger
Why Are You Still Trying Award – Imran Khan
Manoj Kumar Award for Historical "Accuracy" – Bajirao Mastani
Shakti Kapoor Award for Misogyny – Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2
Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya Award – Sooraj Barjatya
What The Hell Award – Sonakshi Sinha
- Golden Raspberry Awards
- Ghanta Awards
- Filmfail Awards
- Pigasus Award
- Darwin Award
- Random Magazine
- Youth Film Handbook
- "Golden Kela Awards organizers announce Anti-Kela Award winners - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- Ghosh, Debasmita (31 January 2014). "India's razzies Golden Kela Awards rigged?". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "Golden Kela awards Winners". Times Of India. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- Kela Awards held in Capital, NDTV
- "Golden Kela Award goes to... - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 2009-03-13. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Guess who's nominated for Bollywood's Golden Kela Awards?". Times Of India. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Going bananas: Golden Kela Awards held in Capital". IBN Live.
- "हिमेश और प्रियंका को मिला केला अवॉर्ड". Navbharat Times (in Hindi).
- ET Bureau (2011-12-31). "Golden Kela Awards: Here's a list of the contenders - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "`JTHJ`, `Dabangg 2` up for worst film at Golden Kela Awards". Zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma nominated for Golden Kela awards- Bollywood- IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2012-12-22. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "JTHJ, Dabangg 2 up for worst film at Golden Kela Awards : Bollywood, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2012-12-22. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Golden Kela Awards not meant to insult anyone: Cyrus". Hindustan Times. 2011-02-26. Archived from the original on 2011-12-30. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Kambakkht Ishq bags the Golden Kela Awards". Newstrackindia.com. 2010-03-17. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "3rd Golden Kela Awards 2011 Winners". Top10bollywood.com. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor named worst actors at Bollywood's Razzies - Entertainment - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2011-03-13. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "'Bodyguard' named worst film at Golden Kela awards- Bollywood- IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Imran, Deepika bag worst actor Golden Kela awards : Celebrities, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2012-04-02. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Imran Khan, Deepika Padukone and Bodyguard are cinema's worst stars at Golden Kela Awards | Mail Online". London: Dailymail.co.uk. 2012-04-02. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- www.welovesit.com (2009-03-07). "Golden Kela Award". welovesit.com. Retrieved 2013-01-06.[permanent dead link]