|Genres||Art rock, Pop, Doo-wop|
|Years active||2008 - 2010|
|Members||Gwilym Gold |
Robden Alexis Nunez
Golden Silvers were a band from London signed to independent record label XL. The line-up consisted of vocalist and keyboardist Gwilym Gold , Ben Moorhouse on bass guitar, and Robden Alexis Nunez on drums.
The band gained recognition by winning Glastonbury's prestigious New Talent competition in 2008 and subsequently performed on The Other stage that year. They played the Glastonbury Festival in 2009.
The band released its debut album True Romance on April 20, 2009. Describing the new album, The Guardian's reviewer wrote "flamboyant lyrics, references to Greek myth and big, elastic bass lines dominate".
The band performed two songs on Later...with Jools Holland during May 2009 and have supported Blur at Hyde Park, London. They played a popular set at Reading festival 2009 and gave away necklaces to the audience as thanks for coming to see them.
Aside from live appearances, Golden Silvers' vocalist Gwilym Gold curates a quarterly live event night named 'Bronze Club' at East London pub 'The Macbeth'. Bronze Blog is known to showcase a wide variety of musicians and DJs including Mystery Jets, The Invisible, Micachu, Esser, Everything Everything, Othello Wolf and many more. Since its inception, Bronze Club has said to have gathered a strong following, which has led attendants to dress up in relation to the Ages of Man in Greek Mythology; gold, silver and bronze.
|Year||Album details||Peak positions|
|2009||"True Romance (True No. 9 Blues)"||142||True Romance|
|"Arrows of Eros"||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- Clash Music (19 July 2011). Ones To Watch - Gwilym Gold | Clash Music Exclusive Ones To Watch. Retrieved on 2011-12-10.
- "A fairy-tale beginning for Golden Silvers - Features, Music - The Independent". London: www.independent.co.uk. 2008-07-11. Retrieved 2009-06-13.
- "Glastonbury 2008 - Golden Silvers". BBC. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "Line-Up". Glastonbury Festivals. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- "Music - Review of Golden Silvers - True Romance". BBC. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- Fox, Killian (2009-03-26). "Rock review: Golden Silvers: True Romance". The Observer. London: guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-06-13.
- "BBC - BBC Two Programmes - Later Live... with Jools Holland, Series 34, Episode 7". www.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-06-13.
- "The Macbeth – Bronze Club". http://themacbethuk.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-03-06. External link in
- "Golden Silvers – Interview". http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-02-20. External link in