Golden Wings and Other Stories
|Series||Newcastle Forgotten Fantasy Library|
|Genre||fantasy short stories|
|Publisher||Newcastle Publishing Company|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|Pages||xvi, 169 pp|
Golden Wings and Other Stories is a collection of fantasy short stories by William Morris, first published in trade paperback by the Newcastle Publishing Company in March 1976 as the eighth volume of the celebrated Newcastle Forgotten Fantasy Library. The first hardcover edition was published by Borgo Press in 1980. The stories were originally published in The Oxford and Cambridge Magazine in 1856. More recently the stories have been combined with Morris's other contributions to the magazine, including reviews, essays and poems, to form the expanded collection The Hollow Land and Other Contributions to the Oxford and Cambridge Magazine, published by Forgotten Books in June, 2010.
- "Introduction" (Alfred Noyes)
- "The Story of the Unknown Church"
- "Lindenborg Pool"
- "A Dream"
- "Gertha's Lovers"
- "Svend and His Brethren"
- "The Hollow Land"
- "Golden Wings"
- "Frank's Sealed Letter"
- "Afterword" (Richard B. Mathews)
- Golden Wings and Other Stories title listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- The Hollow Land and Other Contributions to the Oxford and Cambridge Magazine title listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Entry on Fantastic Fiction website.
|This article about a fantasy book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|