Goldie Alexander (6 September 1936 – 3 August 2020) was an Australian author.
A review of Hedgeburners described Alexander as "an experienced writer for primary-age children" and praised the "compelling plot, convincing characterization" and natural language used in the work.
A reviewer for the non-fiction book Talking about Your Weight noted that the work offered "good information and interesting insights" about the topic and they felt that it would not make readers self-conscious. They noted that the focus was on "balance and solutions" and that information on eating disorders was not sensationalized.
- Beyond the Thicket
- Body and Soul: Lilbet's Romance
- Bridging the Snowy
- The Business of Writing for Young People (co-written with Hazel Edwards)
- Captain Gallant
- Car Crimes: the 2nd A~Z PI Mystery
- Dessi's Romance
- Dramatics: A Resource Book (co-written with Hazel Edwards)
- Gallipoli Medals
- The Grevillea Murder Mystery Trilogy
- A Hairy Story
- Health and Understanding 12 book Maga series (co-written with Hazel Edwards)
- Hedgeburners: An A~Z PI Mystery
- The History of Bread
- An Interview with Cindy Centipede
- Killer Virus and Other Stories
- Lame Duck Protest
- The Little Big School
- Mavis Road Medley
- Mentoring Your Memoir
- My Australian Story: Surviving Sydney Cove
- My Horrible Cousins and Other Stories
- Right and Wrong: Class-Room Plays (co-written with Hazel Edwards)
- Shape Shifters
- Space Footy and Other Stories
- Starship Q
- The Youngest Cameleer
- eSide: An adventure in Cyberspace
- That Stranger Next Door
- My Holocaust Story: Hanna
- Penelope's Ghost
- Emily's Ghost
- Shakespeare Now Trilogy
- The Trytth Chronicles
- Gap Year Nanny
- Changing History?
- Scholarship for the Romanian Writers Exchange Program September 2005
- Australian Society of Authors Mentor program 2005–2006, 2010 -2011, 2012-2013
- 2000 & 2001 Mary Grant Bruce Award for two long short stories Mavis Road Medley. CBC Notable Book. Short Listed by the Office of Multicultural Affairs. 'Youth Literature 150 best Book
- Easternport Bay - Victorian Ministry of Arts Writing grant
- My Australian Story: Surviving Sydney Cove - CBC Notable Book
- Cassie's Big Swim - Brant Point Literary prize
- Body and Soul - Brant Point Literary prize
- Mavis Road Medley chosen by the State Library of Victoria and the Australian Centre for Youth Literature as one of 150 'treasures' to celebrate their 150th anniversary.
- The Fellowship of Australian Writers Victoria Inc. National Literary Awards — FAW Mary Grant Bruce Award Short Story Award for Children's Literature with Roger Marchant - 2000.
- The Fellowship of Australian Writers Victoria Inc. National Literary Awards — FAW Mary Grant Bruce Award Short Story Award for Children's Literature with Kerry Coombe - 1999.
- "Cybertricks", a 2016 Notable CBCA
- Douglas, Elizabeth (1 February 2010), "Alexander, Goldie (text) Marjory Gardner (illus.): Hedgeburners.(Brief article)(Children's review)(Book review)", Reading Time, Children's Book Council of Australia, 54 (1): 24(1), ISSN 0155-218X
- Cooper, Ilene (1 April 2010), "Talking about Your Weight.(Brief article)(Children's review)(Book review)", Booklist, American Library Association, 106 (15): 70(1), ISSN 0006-7385
- Poustie, Carole (1 September 2011), "The Youngest Cameleer.(Young adult review)(Book review)", Magpies, Magpies Magazine Pty. Ltd, 26 (4): 33(1), ISSN 0817-0088
- "Mavis Road Medley.(Book Review)(Young Adult Review)(Brief Article)", Magpies, Magpies Magazine Pty. Ltd, 6: 32, 1 November 1991, ISSN 0817-0088
- Watson, Cindy (1 February 2010), "Dramatics: A drama resource for primary teachers.(Brief article)(Book review)", Literacy Learning: The Middle Years, Australian Literacy Educators' Association, 18 (1): 65(1), ISSN 1320-5692