A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Goldie Alexander (born 6 September 1936) is an Australian author, born in Melbourne to Polish migrants.
• Astronet • Beyond the Thicket • Body and Soul: Lilbet's Romance • Bridging the Snowy • The Business of Writing for Young People (co-written with Hazel Edwards) • Captain Gallant • Car Crimes: the 2nd A~Z PI Mystery • Cowpat$ • Dessi's Romance • Dramatics: A Resource Book (co-written with Hazel Edwards) • Gallipoli Medals • The Grevillea Murder Mystery Trilogy • A Hairy Story • Health and Understanding 12 book Maga series (co-written with Hazel Edwards) • Hedgeburners: An A~Z PI Mystery • The History of Bread • An Interview with Cindy Centipede • Killer Virus and Other Stories • Lame Duck Protest • The Little Big School • Mavis Road Medley • Mentoring Your Memoir • My Australian Story: Surviving Sydney Cove • My Horrible Cousins and Other Stories • Neptunia • Right and Wrong: Class-Room Plays (co-written with Hazel Edwards) • Seawall • Shape Shifters • 6788 • Space Footy and Other Stories • Starship Q • Trapeze • The Youngest Cameleer • eSide: An adventure in Cyberspace • That Stranger Next Door • Cybertricks • My Holocaust Story: Hanna • Penelope's Ghost • Emily's Ghost • Shakespeare Now Trilogy • The Trytth Chronicles • Gap Year Nanny • Changing History?
- Scholarship for the Romanian Writers Exchange Program September 2005
- Australian Society of Authors Mentor program 2005-2006, 2010 -2011, 2012-2013
- 2000 & 2001 Mary Grant Bruce Award for two long short stories Mavis Road Medley. CBC Notable Book. Short Listed by the Office of Multicultural Affairs. 'Youth Literature 150 best Book
- Easternport Bay - Victorian Ministry of Arts Writing grant
- My Australian Story: Surviving Sydney Cove - CBC Notable Book
- Cassie's Big Swim - Brant Point Literary prize
- Body and Soul - Brant Point Literary prize
- Mavis Road Medley chosen by the State Library of Victoria and the Australian Centre for Youth Literature as one of 150 'treasures' to celebrate their 150th anniversary.
- The Fellowship of Australian Writers Victoria Inc. National Literary Awards — FAW Mary Grant Bruce Award Short Story Award for Children's Literature with Roger Marchant - 2000.
- The Fellowship of Australian Writers Victoria Inc. National Literary Awards — FAW Mary Grant Bruce Award Short Story Award for Children's Literature with Kerry Coombe - 1999.
Cybertricks" a 2016 Notable CBCA
A review of Hedgeburners described Alexander as "an experienced writer for primary-age children" and praised the "compelling plot, convincing characterization" and natural language used in the work.
A reviewer for the non-fiction book "Talking about Your Weight" noted that the work offered "good information and interesting insights" about the topic and they felt that it would not make readers self-conscious. They noted that the focus was on "balance and solutions" and that information on eating disorders was not sensationalized.
- Douglas, Elizabeth (1 February 2010), "Alexander, Goldie (text) Marjory Gardner (illus.): Hedgeburners.(Brief article)(Children's review)(Book review)", Reading Time, Children's Book Council of Australia, 54 (1): 24(1), ISSN 0155-218X
- Cooper, Ilene (1 April 2010), "Talking about Your Weight.(Brief article)(Children's review)(Book review)", Booklist, American Library Association, 106 (15): 70(1), ISSN 0006-7385
- Poustie, Carole (1 September 2011), "The Youngest Cameleer.(Young adult review)(Book review)", Magpies, Magpies Magazine Pty. Ltd, 26 (4): 33(1), ISSN 0817-0088
- "Mavis Road Medley.(Book Review)(Young Adult Review)(Brief Article)", Magpies, Magpies Magazine Pty. Ltd, 6: 32, 1 November 1991, ISSN 0817-0088
- Watson, Cindy (1 February 2010), "Dramatics: A drama resource for primary teachers.(Brief article)(Book review)", Literacy Learning: The Middle Years, Australian Literacy Educators' Association, 18 (1): 65(1), ISSN 1320-5692