Goldin Finance 117
|Goldin Finance 117|
Goldin Finance 117 building under construction in June 2016
|Roof||597 m (1,959 ft)|
|Floor area||370,000 m2 (4,000,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||P & T Group
|Developer||Goldin Properties Holdings Limited|
|Main contractor||Third Bureau of CSCEC|
Goldin Finance 117, also known as China 117 Tower, (Chinese: 中国117大厦) is a skyscraper under construction in Tianjin, China. The tower is expected to be 597 m (1,959 ft) with 117 stories. Construction began in 2008, and the building was scheduled to be completed in 2014, becoming the second tallest building in China, surpassing the Shanghai World Financial Center. Construction was suspended in January 2010. Construction resumed in 2011, with completion estimated in 2017. The building was topped out on September 8, 2015.
The top was supposed to be a fin like shape. Many years later, the fin like shape was replaced by a diamond.
In 2016, a Russian couple of Ivan Beerkus (Kuznetsov) and Angela Nikolau climbed the under-construction tower through stairs and climbed out to a crane on the tower's top. The climb video received over 600k views as of September 2016 and attracted worldwide media attention. It was claimed in the video that "No one has ever climbed it", which is apparently incorrect in view of the earlier climb in 2015.
- Suzhou Zhongnan Center
- India Tower
- Wuhan Greenland Center
- Baoneng Shenyang Global Financial Center
- China Zun
- Gezhouba International Plaza
- Yantai Shimao No.1 The Harbour
- Suzhou IFS
- Rama IX Super Tower
- Tianjin Chow Tai Fook Binhai Center
- Sino-Steel Tower
- "Goldin Finance 117". CTBUH Skyscraper Database.
- Goldin Finance 117 at Emporis
- "Goldin Finance 117". SkyscraperPage.
- Goldin Finance 117 at Structurae
- "天津开建"亚洲第一高楼" 597米顶层建游泳池". Hunantv. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- "Oncer. ONTHECRANE of 117 vimeo video". Alex Okulovsky. 6 December 2015.
- "Couple Climbs The Highest Construction Site in the World 640M youtube video". Travel Ticker. 22 August 2016.
- Nikolau, Angela (22 August 2016). "Climbing Goldin Finance 117 instagram video".
- "Tianjin Crane Climbing 600 m - Drone video". Alex DeLarge. 26 August 2016.
- "Couple Climbs World's Tallest Construction Site Without Harnesses: 'I'm Not Afraid of Getting Caught'". Inside Edition. 22 August 2016. Archived from the original on 21 September 2016.