Golfo Nuevo is a body of water formed by the Península Valdés and Punta Ninfas in the province of Chubut in the Argentine Patagonia. It is located 650 miles (1,046 km) southwest of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Puerto Madryn is its major seaport. From May to December, the southern right whales migrate to Golfo Nuevo to breed. Golfo Nuevo was also the scene of a series of mysterious submarine contacts in 1958 and 1960.
- "The Whales of Patagonia, Argentina by Bonnie Hamre". Archived from the original on 2008-05-15. Retrieved 2008-04-24.
- "The Ping in Golfo Nuevo" - TIME - Monday, February 22, 1960
- Water UFO - A Research Endeavor
- Operation Golfo Neuvo (Attack Submarine) - Taringa!
- Operation Golfo Neuvo- Maritime Archeology and History – Argentina
|This article about a place in Chubut Province, Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|