|Licence data||EMA: , US FDA:|
|CAS Registry Number|
|Molecular mass||147 kDa|
|(what is this?)|
Golimumab (CNTO 148) is a human monoclonal antibody which is used as an immunosuppressive drug and marketed under the brand name Simponi. Golimumab targets tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha), a pro-inflammatory molecule and hence is a TNF inhibitor.
Golimumab was developed by Centocor and is approved in Canada and the United States as a once monthly subcutaneous treatment for adults with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis. Golimumab has been approved in 2013 for use in adults with moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis.
In the same year, Johnson & Johnson, the parent company of Centocor, also received an approval from European Medicines Agency (EMEA) for the use of golimumab as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Golimumab is marketed by Merck & Co, Inc. in Europe, pending final arbitration between J&J and Merck.
- Mazumdar, Sohini; David Greenwald (2009). "Golimumab". mAbs 1 (5): 422–431. doi:10.4161/mabs.1.5.9286.
- Statement On A Nonproprietary Name Adopted By The USAN Council – Golimumab, American Medical Association.
- "Health Canada Approves Simponi (Golimumab) For Treatment Of Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis And Ankylosing Spondylitis". Apr 2009
- FDA Approves Simponi
- "FDA clears potential blockbuster arthritis drug". North County Times (Lee Enterprises). Associated Press. 24 April 2009. Retrieved 23 October 2010.
- Johnson & Johnson Reports 2008 First-Quarter Results
- FDA approves Johnson & Johnson rheumatoid arthritis drug golimumab
-  Merck sees fast ruling in J&J Remicade arbitration
- "Simponi European Public Assessment Report". European Medicines Agency. Retrieved 2009-11-15.
- Oldfield V, Plosker GL..Biodrugs 2009;23(2):125-135. doi:10.2165/00063030-200923020-00005.