Fields between Pithapuram and Gollaprolu
|• Type||Urban local body[GMC], GUDA|
|• Body||Gollaprolu municipal council (Municipal chairman-Seeram Manikyam)|
|• Total||50.10 km2 (19.34 sq mi)|
|• Density||740/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 05[kakinada]|
Gollaprolu is a town in East Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a Municipality in Gollaprolu mandal of Kakinada revenue division. The town also forms a part of Godavari Urban Development Authority.
The region is cyclone-prone with agricultural dependant. The villagers are known for growing one of the most sought after varieties of hot pepper and is famous for the production of onions, ground nuts, cotton and rice.
The town was upgraded from Gram panchayat to Municipality on 23 June 2011. Commissioner B. Nageswararao
Sri Seth Peraji Lumbaji Zilla Parishat High School
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "District Census Handbook - East Godavari" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,324. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2015. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- "Constitution of Godavari Urban Development Authority with headquarters at Godavari" (PDF). Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 January 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "Dr. MVR Prathamika Patasala, Gollaprolu". Asha for Education. 2004. Retrieved 24 January 2007.
- Radhika Malpani. "School In Gollaprolu". ILP Projects. Archived from the original on 25 March 2005. Retrieved 24 January 2007.
- Dr. Satyanarayana Gavarasana (2000). "A report on Dr. M. V. R. Memorial MPP Elementary School Day Function held on February 5, 2000". ECO Foundation. Archived from the original on 20 December 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2007.