|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||A beacon of knowledge|
|President||Dr Saeed A. H. Ibrahim|
|Location||Koudbuur District, Hargeisa, Somaliland|
Gollis University serves the Hargeisa Region and receives students from portions of the other five regions. It was founded in 2004 as a non-profit institution, opened to students for enrollment in 2005, and was upgraded to a university within 10 months of its opening. Starting with 40 criminal justice and 40 civil engineering students, the student population reached 706 at the end of 2007.
The university operates one campus at Hargeisa, the capital of Somaliland. The tuition fees from students (approximately $400.00/student/year) are the main source of income for the University.
The university has established the Gollis University Research Institute (GURI). GURI promotes the delivery of research across all faculties and departments of Gollis University. It also promotes and coordinates research projects with other organizations, to include higher education institutes, NGOs, professional organizations and international organizations.
The university has several campuses in the region, including:
- Hargeisa Campus (Main Campus)
- Berbera Campus
- Burao Campus
- Erigavo Campus
- Las Anod Campus
- Buhotle Campus.
- Garowe Campus.
- Faculty of Engineering:
- Bachelor of Civil engineering
- Bachelor of Telecommunication engineering
- Bachelor of Electrical engineering
- Bachelor of Computer engineering
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering
- Faculty of Information Communication Technology
- Faculty of Management & Economics:
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Faculty of Geology & Water Resources
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Medicine & Allied Health Sciences:
- Public Health
- Clinical Laboratory
- Clinical Officers
- Faculty of Social and Behavioral Science:
- Bachelor Development Studies
- Bachelor of Social Science
- Bachelor of Political Science and International Relations
- Faculty of Law.
- Faculty of Islamic Studies and Sharia
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Applied Statistics
Postgraduate Master Degree programs
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Development studies (MDS)
- Master of Engineering Management (MEM)
- Master of Business Administration.
- Master of Science in Telecommunication Engineering.
- Master of Public Administration & Policy Making.
- Master of Conflict Resolution & Peace Building.
- Master of Project Management.
- Master of Engineering Management.
- Master of Public Health.