Motto in English
|University at Glance|
|Chancellor||Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Mohammad Sarwar|
|Colours||Aero and Green |
|Affiliations||Higher Education Commission (Pakistan), Pakistan Engineering Council, Pharmacy Council of Pakistan, Pakistan Bar Council, Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council|
The Gomal University (GU) (Urdu: جامعہ گومل; Pashto: ګومل پوهنتون) is a public university in Dera Ismail Khan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It was established in 1974. It is the second oldest the university of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and occupies one of the largest campuses in the province.
It was founded by the Prime Minister of Pakistan Zulfikar Ali Bhutto who laid the establishment of Gomal University in D I Khan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Prime Minister Bhutto laid down the foundation stone of Gomal University on 1 May 1974 putting forward his policy of a highly educated Pakistan to meet modern world challenges in every aspect of life. The donations and land were provided by Nawab Allah Nawaz Khan who served as the university's first and founding Vice Chancellor. Nawaz Khan donated 11000 Kn agricultural land to the establishment of the university.
The Act No. X of 1974 provides the constitutional establishment of the university as a public research university categorization.
Departments and faculties
Gomal University has the following departments and faculties as of 2017.
Faculty of Sciences
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of ICIT
- Department of Economics
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Physics
Faculty of Agriculture
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Agronomy
- Department of Agriculture Chemistry
- Department of Entomology
- Department of Food Science Technology
- Department of Horticulture
- Department of Plant Breeding
- Department of Soil & Environmental Sciences
- Department of Basic Sciences
Faculty of Arts
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Arabic & Islamiat
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Education and Research
- Department of English
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Political Science
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Department of Basic Medical Science
- Department of Pharmaceutics
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Department of Pharmacogonsy
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Department of Electrical Engineering (Telecom)
- Department of Telecommunication System
- "Overview of Gomal University". Campus Overview. Archived from the original on 9 January 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Gomal University (Pakistan) - The Talloires Network". talloiresnetwork.tufts.edu. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "Much-needed boost: K-P govt to loan Rs230m to Gomal University - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 13 December 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- Junaidi, Ikram (6 July 2013). "HEC announces ranking of universities". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "Addresses of Chartered Universities". HEC. Archived from the original on 17 December 2012. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Seniority listings". Archived from the original on 31 January 2013. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "UoP initiative: Distance learning sidesteps traditional barriers to education - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 28 January 2013. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "Academic pursuit: Saraiki dept set up at Gomal University - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 30 June 2014.
- Correspondent, The Newspaper's (15 February 2016). "Govt asked to set up Seraiki dept at university". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "Gomal University". www.gu.edu.pk. Retrieved 27 September 2017.