Gomant Lok Pokx
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2014)|
The PPG is the name given to a historical political grouping that was in struggle for the liberation of Portuguese India. The party, however, has three distinct historical moments: the first, which runs from 1835 to 1855; The second, from 1948 to 1962; The third from 1970 to 2002.
In the state assembly elections 1999, Saldanha was the sole candidate of the party. Saldanha stood in the constituency Cortalim and got 1 728 votes (9.81%). In 2002, GLP merged with United Goans Democratic Party. Saldanha is currently the general secretary of UGDP.
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- Saldanha, Gabriel. História de Goa (Política e Arqueologia). Asian Educational Services. Nova Delhi, 1990.
- Mascarenhas, Lambert. Goa's Freedom Movement. GOACOM
- Souza, Teotonio R. de. Essays in Goan History Concept Publishing Company. Nova Delhi. 1983. pg 183
- Sakshena, R.N.. Goa: Into the Mainstream. Abhinav Publications, 1974. pg 97
- Timble, Prabhakar. Not in Mathany's name.... Goa's Oldest Online News Portal. 08 May 2012