Gone till November
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Gone till November"|
|Single by Wyclef Jean|
|from the album The Carnival|
|Released||20 January 1998|
|Format||CD single, 12" single|
|Genre||Alternative hip hop, neo soul|
Jerry "Wonda" Duplessis
|Wyclef Jean singles chronology|
"Gone till November" is the third single released from Wyclef Jean's debut solo album, The Carnival. It peaked at number three on the UK Singles Chart, its highest chart position. In the US, where it peaked at number seven on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also peaked at number two on the Hot Rap Songs chart and number nine in the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.
The orchestral accompaniment, which was arranged and conducted by Sonny Kompanek, was performed by the New York Philharmonic Orchestra.
The remix of "Gone till November" features R. Kelly and Canibus, with backing vocals by Khadejia Bass, and contains interpolations of the songs "Michelle" by The Beatles, and "Karma Chameleon" by Culture Club. A separate music video was also made for the remix version.
The music video is set in an airport and features a cameo appearance by Bob Dylan when Wyclef sings, "I'm knockin' on heaven's door like I'm Bob Dylan." It was filmed at Los Angeles International Airport on November 20, 1997.
Gone till November peaked at number seven on the US Billboard Hot 100 and spent a total of 20 weeks on the chart. It also peaked at number 9 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. In the UK, the song debuted at number three on the UK Singles Chart and spent a total of 9 weeks on the chart. This became Wyclef's highest charting single on the chart. The single was eventually certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for sales of over a million copies in the United States.
- UK CD1 (665871 2)
- "Gone till November" (Album Version) – 3:28
- "Gone till November" (Pop Version) – 3:27
- "No Airplay" – 4:42
- "Bubblegoose" (Bakin' Cake Mix) – 3:30
- UK CD2 (665871 5)
- "Gone till November" (The Makin' Runs Remix) – 4:05
- "Gone till November" (The Makin' Runs Remix Instrumental) – 3:42
- "Guantanamera" (Roxanne, Roxanne, Oye Como Va Remix) – 4:17
- "No Airplay – Men In Blue" (feat. Yossou N'Dour) – 4:46
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||Gold||5,000*|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||200,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,200,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "UK Singles – 1952–2013". Archived 2010-02-01 at WebCite
- "Wyclef Jean – Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Wyclef Jean – Gone till November". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – week 16, 1998" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Wyclef Jean – Gone till November" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Charts.org.nz – Wyclef Jean – Gone till November". Top 40 Singles.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Wyclef Jean – Gone till November". Singles Top 100.
- "Swisscharts.com – Wyclef Jean – Gone till November". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Wyclef Jean: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company.
- "Official R&B Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company.
- "Wyclef Jean Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Wyclef Jean Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Wyclef Jean Chart History (Rhythmic)". Billboard.
- "End of Year Charts 1998". Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved December 4, 2017.
- "Billboard Top 100 – 1998". Archived from the original on 2009-03-09. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- "New Zealand single certifications – Wyclef Jean – Gone till November". Recorded Music NZ.
- "British single certifications – Wyclef Jean – Gone till November". British Phonographic Industry. Select singles in the Format field. Select Silver in the Certification field. Enter Gone till November in the search field and then press Enter.
- "American single certifications – Jean, Wyclef – Gone till November". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- "Best-Selling Records of 1998". Billboard. BPI Communications Inc. 111 (5): 75. January 30, 1999. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved May 31, 2015.