During the reign of Gonka I (1020 CE - 1050 CE), the Chalukyas conquered Kolhapur, under their king Jayasinha (before 1024 CE) The Shilaharas had to submit to the Chalukyas in order to retain their kingdom. In the records, Gonka is described as conqueror of Kahada (Karad), Mairiage (Miraj) and Konkan. It is probable that Gonka might have extended his rule over these territories as an agent for or with the consent of his overlords.
- Bhandarkar R.G. (1957): Early History of Deccan, Sushil Gupta (I) Pvt Ltd, Calcutta.
- Fleet J.F (1896) :The Dynasties of the Kanarese District of The Bombay Presidency, Written for the Bombay Gazetteer .
- Department of Gazetteer, Govt of Maharashtra (2002) : Itihaas : Prachin Kal, Khand -1 (Marathi)
- Department of Gazetteer, Govt of Maharashtra (1960) : Kolhapur District Gazetteer
- Department of Gazetteer, Govt of Maharashtra (1964) : Kolaba District Gazetteer
- Department of Gazetteer, Govt of Maharashtra (1982) : Thane District Gazetteer
- A.S.Altekar (1936) : The Silaharas of Western India
|This biography of a member of an Asian royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|