Goochland County Public Schools
The district operates the following schools:
- Byrd Elementary School
- Goochland Elementary School/Specialty Center
- Goochland Specialty Education Center
- Randolph Elementary School
- Goochland Middle School
- Goochland High School
In November 2009, the district's superintendent posted an FAQ on its website about the potential effects of budget cuts on services. It noted that some things, such as maximum class sizes, are mandated by state or federal law or policy, but other things including athletics are not. "Right now, everything that isn’t mandated or required by the state or federal government is being considered," the page said.
In September 1994, then superintendent Harold Absher went on voluntary leave from his position under unclear circumstances.
- Underwood, Linda (November 8, 2009). "Budget Frequently Asked Questions". Goochland County Public Schools - Notes from the Superintendent. Archived from the original on October 9, 2011. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
- Wagner, Wendy (October 7, 1994). "DESIGNEE RUNNING GOOCHLAND SCHOOLS ABSHER, BOARD AGREE ON VOLUNTARY LEAVE". Richmond Times-Dispatch. p. B-1. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
|This article about a school in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|