|Headquarters||San Francisco, U.S.|
Number of employees
|291 (March 2014)|
GoodData was founded in 2007 by Czech entrepreneur Roman Stanek. Stanek had previously founded and served as CEO at NetBeans, which was acquired by Sun Microsystems in 1999, as well as Systinet Corporation, which was acquired by Hewlett Packard in 2006. The company was founded in April 2007 as "Good Data Corporation" in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It received investment in July 2008 from Tim O'Reilly, Esther Dyson, and private equity firm Windcrest Partners for a total sum of $2 million. In 2009, the company received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, O'Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Windcrest Partners across two rounds totaling $5 million. Funding continued with in 2010, 2011, 2012, and in late 2012, bringing its capital raised to $53.5 million. The company announced $22 million in funding led by TOTVS Ventures in 2013. As of March 2014, the company had 291 employees. In 2014, GoodData said it provided software to 30,000 companies.
GoodData is a business intelligence platform as a service that combines an organization's internal and/or external data (both structured and unstructured) to monetize data. In March 2014, GoodData used the marketing term "Open Analytics Platform".
- "Gartner BI Magic Quadrant: Winners & Losers". Information Week. 2014-02-26. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Form D: Notice of Sale of Securities" (PDF). US SEC. June 13, 2008. Retrieved March 17, 2017.
- Daniel Wolfman (December 6, 2012). "A Company That Starts in Crisis Gets a Head Start". Inc. Retrieved March 17, 2017.
- "Big-Data Start-Up GoodData Lands $25 Million Series C Led by Tenaya Capital". All Things D. 2012-07-25. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "GoodData Raises $22M From Latin America's Largest Enterprise Software Company". TechCrunch. 2013-06-13. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "GoodData CrunchBase Profile". CrunchBase. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- "How GoodData is Winning by Expanding BI Use Cases". Blue Hill Research. 2014-01-28. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "GoodData Ups The Ante With Its Open Analytics Platform". 2014-03-05. Retrieved 2014-03-31.