Good Gracious, Annabelle
|Good Gracious, Annabelle|
Ad for film
|Directed by||George Melford|
|Produced by||Adolph Zukor
|Based on||Good Gracious Annabelle
by Clare Kummer
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
Good Gracious, Annabelle is a lost 1919 American silent society comedy film starring Billie Burke. It is based on a Broadway play, Good Gracious, Annabelle by Clare Kummer. This film was produced by Famous Players-Lasky with distribution by Paramount Pictures.
As described in film magazines, Annabelle Leigh (Burke) lives extravagantly on a quarterly allowance that she spends monthly, until she is tricked out of two shares of a mining stock by crude, western miner John Rawson (Rawlinson), who compelled her to marry him after the death of her father in a squabble over the stock. The marriage is little more than form and rater than keeping her in a lonesome cabin where she cries perpetually, her magnanimous husband sets her free to go to New York City where she lives in an extravagant style. During a struggle for possession of her stock certificates with financier George Wimbledon (Kent), she takes a violent fancy towards a mysterious millionaire whom she meets during a party at Kent's Long Island estate. She tells him that she is resorting to all of the tricks she plays simply to save her husband, whose interests are threatened. The mysterious millionaire turns out to be that husband, who has shaved off his beard and wins her this time through love.
- Billie Burke - Annabelle Leigh
- Herbert Rawlinson - John Rawson
- Gilbert Douglas - Harry Murchison
- Crauford Kent - George Wimbledon
- Frank Losee - William Gosling
- Leslie Casey - Wilbur Jennings
- Gordon Dana - Alfred Weatherby
- Delle Duncan - Ethel Deane
- Olga Downs - Gwendolyn Morley
- Thomas Braidon - James Ludgate
- Billie Wilson - Lottie
The play was also the basis of the 1931 romantic comedy Annabelle's Affairs.
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog: Good Gracious, Annabelle
- The AFI Catalog of Feature Films: Good Gracious, Annabelle
- Progressive Silent Film List: Good Gracious, Annabelle at silentera.com
- Good Gracious Annabelle as produced on Broadway at the Theatre Republic, October 1916 to February 1917, 111 performances; IBDb.com
- Harrison, Louis Reeves (April 12, 1919). "Reviews and Advertising Aids: Good Gracious, Annabelle". Moving Picture World (New York City: Chalmers Publishing Company) 40 (2): 277. Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- "Adaptation of Clever Stage Comedy Has Entertaining Qualities". Film Daily (New York City: Wid's Films and Film Folks, Inc.) 7 (65): 3. April 1, 1919. Retrieved 2014-10-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Good Gracious, Annabelle.|
- Good Gracious, Annabelle at the Internet Movie Database
- Good Gracious, Annabelle synopsis at AllMovie
|This 1910s comedy film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|