Good Hope, Ohio
|Good Hope, Ohio|
Looking north on Ohio Highway 753 in Good Hope
|• Total||0.75 sq mi (1.95 km2)|
|• Land||0.75 sq mi (1.95 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||912 ft (278 m)|
|• Density||311/sq mi (120.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1064739|
It lies at the intersection of State Route 753 with Washington-Good Hope and Camp Grove Roads. Indian Creek, which meets Paint Creek slightly more than 2 miles (3 km) to the south, runs on the western edge of Good Hope. It is located midway between Greenfield and Washington Court House, the county seat of Fayette County.
Good Hope was platted in 1849, although a small village had already existed there for some time. The community is said to derive its name from Good Hope, Pennsylvania, the native home of a share of the early settlers. A post office was established at Good Hope in 1851, and remained in operation until 1965.
It was only in 2012 that Good Hope had a waste treatment plant.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Good Hope CDP, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 1, 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Good Hope
- Allen, Frank M. (1914). History of Fayette County, Ohio: Her People, Industries and Institutions. B. F. Bowen, Incorporated. p. 323. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 52.
- "Fayette County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- DeLorme. Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 5th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 1999, p. 67, 77. ISBN 0-89933-233-1.
|This Fayette County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|