Good Luck Jane
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Good Luck Jane|
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Years active||February 2009-present|
|Associated acts||Mike Posner, 2 AM Club, Dave Barnes, Lucky Boys Confusion|
|Past members||Jake Abrams|
Good Luck Jane is a pop/rock band from Chicago, Illinois, United States. The band consists of Joey Busse (lead vocals), Andrew Slutsky (lead guitar, keys, vocals), Dan Wywrot (rhythm guitar), Danny Katz (bass) and Jake Cooper (drums). Their first EP "Word of the Week" was recorded in June 2009. Their inspiration ranged from Fall Out Boy, The Cab, The Rocket Summer, to John Mayer.
During their high school years, all five members had band experience in different schools. Jake Cooper and Andrew Slutsky went to high school together, and were involved in numerous bands. Danny Katz was involved in a band in his high school, while Joey was involved in a choir and Dan Wywrot started playing acoustic guitar.
Joey, Andrew, Dan and Jake all came together during their freshman year of college at University of Illinois. During the time, the band was called The 22, at University of Illinois there was a bus route that would connect all 4 members together as well as a road back home, and it was called "Route 22". Danny was later recruited and the band changed their name in June 2009.
Moving into their sophomore year at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Good Luck Jane began to gain notoriety for arranging their own version of the popular hit song, "Replay" by IYAZ. The band took their version to Mike Goveare (Every Avenue) to officially record. Good Luck Jane's "Replay" was released in December 2010 on YouTube. The song quickly gained viral success and helped position Good Luck Jane favorably within the pop/rock market.
- Joey Busse- lead vocals
- Andrew Slutsky - lead guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Daniel Wywrot - rhythm guitar
- Daniel Katz - bass
- Jake Cooper - drums
|This section does not cite any sources. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Since the band started, they have had success gaining new fans from doing song covers.
- Replay - IYAZ
- Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
- Hey Soul Sister - Train
- What a Catch Donnie - Fall Out Boy
- In My Head - Jason Derulo
EP and singles
Good Luck Jane is recording their new EP scheduled to release early 2011. Their first single from it, "Like I Do," released late December 2010, produced by Nick Scalise of October Fall (Fueled by Ramen Records).
In August 2010, Good Luck Jane released their single "Go Go Getaway".
In June 2009, Good Luck Jane released their first EP "Word of the Week" in June 2009. The EP was recorded in Down Beat Studios in Chicago. The band worked with Mike Govaere, former drummer of Every Avenue. The band made their EP available on iTunes, Napster, Amazon.com, bigcartel.com.
- "Last Sunday"
- "Here Again"
- "Dream Catcher"
- Replay cover- Recorded in November 2009. Released December 3, 2009.
- Go Go Getaway-recorded in June 2010. Released August 14, 2010.
- F.I.N.E.-recorded in September 2010. Released October 6, 2010.
- "Like I Do"-Recorded November 2010. Release set for late December 2010, or early 2011.
- "Local band Good Luck Jane balances school work with shows, new album" Daily Illini. Sep 8 2009. Dec 5 2010.
- "Catching up with...Good Luck Jane" The 217. Dec 3 2009. Dec 7 2010.
- "Meet Good Luck Jane" Youtube. March 16, 2010. Dec 5 2010.
- "Good Luck Jane" Dec 7 2010. Dec 7 2010.
- "Special K Interviews Good Luck Jane" Youtube. Dec 1 2010. Dec 5 2010.
- "Good Luck Jane" Myspace. Dec 2 2010. Dec 5 2010.
- "Good Luck Jane" Reverbnation. Dec 5 2010.