Good Morning Today
|Good Morning Today|
|Created by||David Javerbaum|
|Voices of||Allan Trautman
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Executive producer(s)||Lisa Henson
|Production company(s)||The Jim Henson Company
|Original release||October 28, 2013 – April 7, 2014|
Good Morning Today is a computer-animated television show on Fusion that was created by David Javerbaum (the former head writer and executive producer of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart) and produced by The Jim Henson Company under its Henson Alternative banner and ShadowMachine Films (which worked on Robot Chicken). Like Sid the Science Kid, this show is filmed with the use of The Jim Henson Company's Digital Puppet Studio (a proprietary technology that enables performers to physically puppeteer and voice computer-generated characters in real time).
Clips of Good Morning Today have also appeared on The Morning Show.
The plot details an alternate universe's favorite morning news show in New York City which is run by Rilcardo Gomez, Cathy Smiith, Flo Qwan, and Krish Goldstein. In addition, episodes features live-action celebrity interviews where they improvise the variations of their own lives.
- Rilcardo Gomez (motion captured by Tony Sabin Prince, voiced by Allan Trautman) - He is the anchorman on Good Morning Today.
- Cathy Smith (motion captured by John Munro Cameron, voiced by Donna Kimball) - She is the anchorwoman on Good Morning Today.
- Flo Qwan (motion captured by John Munro Cameron, voiced by Kristin Charney) - She is the senior reporter on Good Morning Today.
- Krish Goldstein (motion captured by Tony Sabin Prince, voiced by Allan Trautman) - He is the roving junior reporter on Good Morning Today. He is the host of the segment "Can You Geographically Situate Krish Goldstein" where Cathy and Flo had to guess where Krish is situated.
Differences between universes
|This section requires expansion. (December 2013)|
In this show, there are differences between their universe and the normal universe:
- Cute animals shown on internet videos are insects.
- Twitter started out as a newspaper company.
- Chris Hardwick is still the host of The Nerdist Podcast. Besides hosting Talking Dead (which discusses episodes of The Walking Dead), he also hosts Talking Hot which discusses episodes of Hot in Cleveland.
- The year 911 was a dangerous year for the Norsemen.
- The seconds in a time go from 1 to 99.
- Scallions are considered a drug.
- Dora the Explorer was shown as a conquistador character named Dora the Conquistadora where she also urges that show's version of Swiper the Fox to keep swiping.
- Danny Trejo is the parade balloon master for the Gimble's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Conan O'Brien is a children's television host. He and Danny Trejo were in an Irish-Latin gang called Los Leprechaunos.
- The Pirates of the Caribbean series is depicted as a documentary.
- The Gettysburg Address had a different speech.
- The cast of Dawson's Creek consists of Michelle Williams, Tony Shalhoub, David Bowie, and Eli Wallach.
- The lost city of Atlantis still sank, but mysteriously emerged from the ocean in August 1974 (the same day when Richard Nixon resigned from office) following an underwater volcanic eruption. It is now a vacation wonderland upon being auctioned off to some Florida real-estate developers.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic goes by "Sir Alfred Yankovic" and has a serious personality instead of a comical personality. His songs are parodied by other artists. For example, My Sharona by The Knack is instead a parody of My Bologna and Beat It by Michael Jackson spoofs Eat It.
- Patrick Mitchell is a three-time world yo-yo champion, a big crush for Cathy Smith's daughter, and an idol for Cathy Smith's son Bailey.
- Legoland is a modern country and independent nation that was founded in 1949 by Ole Kirk Christensen where the Legotians (a name given to the Lego people) reside and has been far ahead from the rest of the world. There is a monument there to commemorate those who have died during the Duplo Civil War. Cathy is not a fan of the Legotians since they are always building.
- There is a holiday called National Marijuana Day that started in 1993.
- Elvis Presley had taken up the Islamic way following his near death from drug overdose and had died on 2012. His Islamic name is Mohammad Farik al-Salitar.
- Broken glass is considered a snack.
- There hasn't been a birth of twins since 1993.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson is still an astrophysicist, but has also invented a yo-yo move called "Split the Atom."
- Episode 1 (October 28, 2013) - Chris Hardwick is interviewed about the Twitter Tech. Internet videos are made of insects. Riots occur in Norway revolving around the release of Thor: The Dark World.
- Episode 2 (November 28, 2013) - The team covers the 87th Annual Gimble's Thanksgiving Day Parade as they talk with the parade's balloon master Danny Trejo and children's television host Conan O'Brien.
- Episode 3 (December 13, 2013) - Minnesota becomes the 12th state to legalize lesbian marriage much to the objection of the Northboro Baptist Church. Diablo Cody is interviewed by Flo Qwan about writing the new Star Wars movie. Krish visits Pyongyang, North Korea.
- Episode 4 (December 20, 2013) - Barack Obama searches for the perfect pen which took eight hours and had accidentally signs a bill that allows child slavery. Rilcardo Gomez interviews the Daniel Stutzman about the "Bay of Pigs" liberation battle during the invasion on Cuba which toppled Fidel Castro in the 1960s. The movie Captain Phillips is criticized by Captain Phillips' crew and the Somali pirate's Cap'n Agbaal (whose interview transmission to Rilcardo is an undisclosed location) for not depicting the Somali Pirate's side of the story. Teenagers have been enlisting in the war video game The Invasion of Syria.
- Episode 5 (December 27, 2013) - Wall Street investors take interest in "Cats 4 Cats" (which enables people to adopt homeless cat). Krish Goldstein reports at O'Hare International Airport where an airplane called Flight 468 is running 30 minutes late and suspects that terrorism is involved. The 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address is celebrated. Cathy Smiith and Tevon Hadley do Celebrity Gossip revolving around Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston expecting their fourth child, John Travolta and Marie Osmond's relationship are "on the rocks," Jon Hamm's extreme weight loss, and the cast of Dawson's Creek are reuniting.
- Episode 6 (January 3, 2014) - The 2016 Presidential election will be coming sooner than anyone thinks. Princess Jennifer Love Hewitt is having a baby as Rilcardo and Cathy discuss with Senior Monaco Correspondent Marc Duchaine about the name of Princess Jennifer Love Hewitt's baby. Samantha Wilson gives Cathy household tips involving recycling previously-used stuff. Krish Goldstein visits Atlantis.
- Episode 7 (January 10, 2014) - Emancipated women held in hostage within Milan are finally released. Rilcardo interviews Rich Eisen about the occurrences during the mid-season football games. Flo's report on a storm is disrupted by Rilcardo and Cathy's strange talents. A major security breach occurs on Ask.com. Krish does a public service announcement about catfishing on the Internet.
- Episode 8 (January 17, 2014) - Funeral services were held by Sal Milanese who invented oral sex. Peter Kim of the NSA and Flo Qwan answers questions to the viewers on "Ask the NSA." The pictures of the theater that will be showing "Fifty Shades of Grey" are shown. Footage of the GMT cast dancing during the commercial is shown. Cathy Smiith talks with Tara St. Claire (the Senior Beauty Editor of "The Economist") about the latest beauty trends revolving around Rosacea.
- Episode 9 (January 24, 2014) - A deadly leaf-slide occurs in Vermont. Rilcardo Gomez introduces Sir Alfred Yankovic. Typhoon Haiyan causes a disaster in the Philippines as Krish Goldstein reports about it. Rilcardo does a public service announcement about giving kids food to help them grow.
- Episode 10 (January 31, 2014) - Flo Qwan reports on Hugh Hefner's retirement for Playboy. Cathy Smiith interviews Patrick Mitchell about his scallion abuse. Rilcardo Gomez talks to David Peck (the head of the American Council for Christian Values) about the Christian Coalition about harshly condemning the Obama Administration in a full-page ad. The Selfie Awards are coming up as Cathy and Flo give people advice on how to pull off the best selfie pictures.
- Episode 11 (February 7, 2014) - Flo Qwan reports about National Awareness Day. Rilcardo Gomez and Cathy Smiith looks forward to Tyler Perry's Ender's Game, Gigli 2, and The Goldfish Contingency. Cathy Smiith interviews Katie Morgan. Doctors have upgraded Donald Trump's medical condition following his ambush by three men as Krish Goldstein reports about it outside NYU Hospital. Flo Qwan does a public service announcement where she tells kids to stay in school.
- Episode 12 (February 14, 2014) - Flo Qwan reports about this year's Black Friday being the most philanthropic. A Missouri man loses money on a Mega Millions ticket when trying to obtain money for his granddaughter's gift. Cathy Smiith does a public service announcement about saving the environment. Cathy interviews Brian Baumgartner about how he became the "Sexiest Man Alive." Krish Goldstein reports about Tom Cruise's latest project Escape from Scientology which is being filmed in Clearwater, Florida.
- Episode 13 (February 18, 2014) - Flo Qwan reports that the War on Warming is not occurring until 3064. Cathy Smiith interviews Wedding Planner Marsha DeNatale who gives people wedding tips. Krish Goldstein visits Legoland. Rilcardo Gomez shows Adorable Baby Plants on the Internet to draw Cathy out of her depression of the War of Christmas.
- Episode 14 (February 24, 2014) - Flo Qwan reports that the War on Warming continues that involved changing your Facebook picture to Earth to support environmentalism. Flo interviews Tony Hawk about his undercover job. Cathy and Flo reports about Emmy Rossum's Yorkshire Terrier Cinnamon appearing in public with only a sweater and no pants. Cathy and Tevon Hadley discuss Celebrity Gossip revolving around Chris Kirkpatrick's fourth solo hit, Sandra Bullock announcing her involvement in Martin Scorsese's remake of Grease, and Alan Rickman returns with "Rickman Knows Best."
- Episode 15 (March 3, 2014) - Today is National Marijuana Day as Rilcardo Gomez and Cathy Smiith smoke marijuana footage where they act high during some stories. Flo Qwan reports on the breaking news about the crew members of "Good Morning Today" being controlled by puppeteers in another dimension. Krish Goldstein interviews Kimberly Wilson about the Yoga fad. Rilcardo runs the 90 Second Challenge with a phone contestant on when it has been 90 seconds. Flo reports on a massive scallion bust.
- Episode 16 (March 10, 2014) - The UN Weapon Inspectors have been thwarted in his search for the nuclear weapons. The anniversary of Elvis Presley's death is honored as Rilcardo Gomez interviews his wife Fatima al-Qashir. Flo Qwan announced Ben & Jerry's Death Panel Pistachio flavor as they oppose Barack Obama. Cathy Smith interviews Fabio Viviani who is making a dish called "broken glass." The Johnstone Family have come home from the hospital with twin babies.
- Episode 17 (March 17, 2014) - Rilcardo Gomez returns after recovering from Wandering Face Syndrome. Al Gore will be in Nashville, Tennessee to open up the Al Gore Library. The Department of Labor reports of the raise of unemployment. Rilcardo Gomez talks with Neil deGrasse Tyson about the Multiverse and yo-yos. Cathy Smith reports on Tom Hanks' meltdown on Saturday Night Live. Flo Qwan reports that waiters Julie Yost and Matthew Kroeger were discovered to be long-lost siblings.
- Episode 18 (March 24, 2014) - The viral video of a mother singing to her baby son is shown as the baby laughs at the arguing parents. Flo Qwan reports about Senator Bob Corker's Narkling Scandal and about the preparations for Gonorrhea Season are made. Krish Goldstein reports about the volcano eruptions in Kansas. Flo talks to Fusion Anchor and witchcraft practitioner Julie Ghoulson about Halloween.
- Episode 19 (March 31, 2014) - A Senior White Official has apologized to Congress about what happened to Obamaporn. Cathy Smith interviews Patrick Mitchell about his "Milk the Cow" yo-yo technique. Rilcardo Gomez and Cathy Smith looks forward to Tyler Perry's Ender's Game, Gigli 2, and The Goldfish Contingency.
- Episode 20 (April 7, 2014) - Flo Qwan reports that this winter's weather in the Arctic Circle has left some ice flows for polar bears to be on. Peter Kim of the NSA and Flo Qwan answers questions to the viewers on "Ask the NSA." Cathy Smith and Dr. Wilma Frank give sex advice. Krish Goldstein is held hostage somewhere.
Motion capture performers
- Allan Trautman - Rilcardo Gomez, Krish Goldstein
- Donna Kimball - Cathy Smiith
- Kristin Charney - Flo Qwan
Special guest stars
- Jordan Black - Cap'n Agbaal
- Brian Baumgartner - Himself
- Diablo Cody - Herself
- Drew Droege - Tevon Hadley
- Rich Eisen - Himself
- Chris Hardwick - Himself
- Tony Hawk - Himself
- John Michael Higgins - Reverend Jeremiah Phelps
- Ken Jeong - Peter Kim
- Patrick Mitchell - Himself
- Katie Morgan - Herself
- Conan O'Brien - Himself
- Mindy Sterling - Dr. Wilma Frank
- Danny Trejo - Himself
- Neil deGrasse Tyson - Himself
- Fabio Viviani - Himself
- Fred Willard - Daniel Stutzman
- "Weird Al" Yankovic - Sir Alfred Yankovic
- Carlos Alazraqui - Marc Duchaine
- Brigette Davidovici - Kimberly Wilson
- Teresa Ganzel - Fatima al-Qashir
- Kate Huffman - Julie Ghoulson
- Tom Kenny - David Peck
- Kelly Landry - Tara St. Claire
- Lisa Schurga - Samantha Wilson
- Jill Talley - Marsha DeNatale