Good Sam Club
|Type||Organization of recreational vehicle owners|
|Over 1.8 million, world's largest RV organization|
|Owner||Good Sam Enterprises|
|Good Sam Enterprises|
|Affiliations||Camping World, NASCAR|
The Good Sam Club is an international organization of recreational vehicle (RV) owners and the largest organization of RV owners in the world. It is focused upon making RVing safer and more enjoyable, and to save members money through club-endorsed benefits and services. It states that it has over 1.8 million members. It was founded in 1966, and is currently owned by the Good Sam Enterprises. The organization is affiliated with RV parks and campgrounds.
Credited as the founder of the Good Sam Club is Art Rouse, founder of TL Enterprises, a California-based publishing company responsible for Trailer Life magazine  and MotorHome magazine. Rouse and his two sons acquired the organization in 1968 and further developed member benefits and RV-related services for which the club is known. Rouse sold TL Enterprises in the 1980s and died on June 19, 2007 following head injuries suffered as a result of a fall, at 89 years old.
Good Sam Club is based in Englewood, Colorado. The organization is currently owned by the Good Sam Enterprises, which also owns Camping World (an American corporation specializing in selling parts and service for recreational vehicles and supplies for camping), Coast to Coast Resorts, Trailer Life Publications, MotorHome Publications and the Good Sam RV Travel Guide & Campground Directory. The organization also offers additional services such as roadside assistance, RV insurance and RV extended warranties for additional fees.
RV park affiliations
In 2017, there were over 2,100 RV parks and campgrounds affiliated with the Good Sam organization in which club members receive a 10% discount on the nightly rate for staying in their parks. These RV parks have to meet a minimum standard of services and appearance to be considered for association.
Good Sam also publishes information to help members find parks that provide stated levels of services.
The club sponsored the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race Good Sam Club 500 at Talladega Superspeedway and the Camping World Truck Series' Good Sam Roadside Assistance Carolina 200 at Rockingham Speedway.
- (Staff) (June 1, 2013). "Good Sam Samboree in Rock Springs". Star Tribune (Casper, Wyoming). Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- The Everything Family Guide To RV Travel And Campgrounds - Marian Eure. pp. 246-247.
- What is the Good Sam Club? RV Camping Club, RVers Online Community
- Butt, Shannon (June 3, 2009). "RV enthusiasts to visit Nipawin for their Samboree". Nipawin Journal. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Fletcher, Steven (October 14, 2005). "RV magazine guru Art Rouse downsizes to Class C". (originally published in The Humboldt Independent). Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- The Resort Trades
- "Who is Coast to Coast?". Coastresorts.com.
- Woodalls campground guides and directory
- Good Sam Club Services – Roadside Assistance, RV extended warranty, Insurance, Financial, Travel Assistance services
- "Club Seeks Members". The St. Marys Oracle. July 18, 1985. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- (Staff) (November 7, 2009). "Traveling across the country with the comforts of home". Valencia County News-Bulletin. Archived from the original on August 26, 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Good Sam Club – Money Saving RV Discounts
- Good Sam Network: Rating System
- Clint Bowyer Wins Again at NASCAR’s Good Sam Club 500 at Talladega | Motorsports | Sports | Epoch Times
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Good Sam Club 500 at Talladega - FOX News Radio
- Join Us for the Good Sam Club 200 NASCAR Race | Good Sam Club News
- "2012 Good Sam Roadside Assistance Carolina 200". Racing-Reference. Retrieved March 10, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Good Sam Club.|