Good Samaritan Hospital (San Jose)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Good Samaritan Hospital (San Jose)|
|Hospital Corporation of America|
|Location||San Jose, California, United States|
Good Samaritan Hospital is an acute care hospital on Samaritan Drive in Los Gatos/San Jose, California. It contains centers for treatment of stroke and chest pain, as well as a large maternity ward. Originally a non-profit, it has been owned by HCA since 1996. The sale money was used to form a new nonprofit, The Health Trust.
The hospital was one of the first five hospitals in the United States to be certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. It is affiliated with Stanford University and the National Institutes of Health in this endeavor.
A helipad was built in 2003.
Good Samaritan Health System also operated San Jose Medical Center and Gilroy's South Valley Hospital at the time of the HCA acquisition. Catholic Healthcare West bought South Valley Hospital in 1999 and relocated Saint Louise Hospital in Morgan Hill to the Gilroy location. San Jose Medical Center (503-bed) was closed in 2004. HCA acquired the Alexian Brothers Hospital in San Jose in 1998, and renamed it Regional Medical Center of San Jose.
- "Hospital Giant's Plans Spark Concern About Charity Care : Health: California officials say there will be a probe of recent financial losses at a San Jose firm Columbia / HCA is acquiring". 28 December 1995 – via LA Times.
- "Certified comprehensive stroke center and care". Good Samaritan Hospital.
- "Thirteen Hospitals Revolutionize Stroke Clinical Research". stanfordhealthcare.org.
- "Our History". Good Samaritan Hospital.
- CHW to buy South Valley Hospital
- "Pro Life, No Choice".
- Gathright, Alan; Writer, Chronicle Staff (30 November 2004). "SAN JOSE / After 81 years, medical center ready to close / Final ambulance run complete; shutdown scheduled for Dec. 9". SFGate.
- Writer, Bruce Japsen, Tribune Staff. "ALEXIAN BROTHERS TO GET 2 COLUMBIA/HCA HOSPITALS". chicagotribune.com.
- "Outpatient rehabilitation programs and services". Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Official website
- This hospital in the CA Healthcare Atlas A project by OSHPD
- The Health Trust website
|This article relating to a hospital in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in San Jose, California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|