Good Samaritan Medical Center (West Palm Beach, Florida)
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Good Samaritan Medical Center (West Palm Beach)|
|Location||West Palm Beach , Florida, Florida, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in Florida|
Good Samaritan Medical Center or Good Samaritan Hospital is a 333-bed acute care hospital located in West Palm Beach, FL.
The hospital opened in May 1920, replacing "Emergency Hospital" (which dated from about 1914), with 35 beds located on 12th street near the lakefront. (now Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard) and Dixie Highway. Dr. William Ernest Van Landingham (1879-1973), a recent arrival and then secretary of the one-year-old Palm Beach County Medical Society, was a co-founder and the first administrator.
In 2009, the Hospital celebrated its 90th anniversary.
- (17 May 2010). This week in history: Good Samaritan Hospital opens in West Palm Beach, historicpalmbeach.com
- West Palm Beach: 1893 to 1950, p. 79 (2006)
- Palm Beach past: the best of "Post time", p. 109 (2006)
- Around Boynton Beach, p. 80 (2006)
- "Palm Beach County History Online - Hospitals". Palm Beach County History Online. Historical Society of Palm Beach County. 2009. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- (30 June 2001). PAPERWORK ALL SIGNED FOR SALE OF GOOD SAMARITAN, ST. MARY'S, Palm Beach Post
- (19 May 2010). Good Samaritan Medical Center celebrates its 90th anniversary, The Palm Beach Post