Good Time (Paris Hilton song)
|Single by Paris Hilton featuring Lil Wayne|
|Released||October 8, 2013|
|Paris Hilton singles chronology|
|Lil Wayne singles chronology|
"Good Time" is a 2013 single by Paris Hilton from her unreleased second studio album. It was released on October 8, 2013, by Cash Money as the lead single from the record. The song was written and produced by her and Afrojack, with additional songwriting provided by Hilton and Lil Wayne. A single release party was held at SBE's Create Nightclub in Hollywood on October 8. It's her third top 20 hit on the US Billboard Hot Dance/Electronic Songs.
|The Music Network|||
Upon its release, "Good Time" received negative reviews from music critics. Natasha Shankar of She Knows gave the music video, though not the song, a positive review, saying "So from a dance standpoint it's not half bad. But Hilton has some talent. She's not a Heidi Montag, folks. But I've been kind enough to include the music video, and not the single alone. Why? Because, at the very least, you get to watch Hilton's glorious figure and perfect pout for the next five minutes".
Mikael Wood of Los Angeles Times gave a negative review, saying "Yet with its succession of sonic and lyrical cliches -- "haters," "sexy girls," laser-light synth squiggles—the song never summons anything approaching a recreational vibe; it's purely an exercise in brand maintenance, a working holiday that even Lil Wayne can't lighten with an amazingly perfunctory guest verse in which he admits, I can't tell you what's what". Sam Lansky of Idolator gave a very positive review, saying "The Afrojack-produced track hits solid marks with chilly synths that evoke Gina G's 1996 hit "Ooh Aah… Just A Little Bit" and lyrics that feel quintessentially Paris". Marc Hogan of Spin gave a negative review calling it "unapologetically dumb".
Mike Powell of Rolling Stone gave the song 1.5 out of 5 stars, saying "No needless disrespect to Hilton, who has put out listenable and even enjoyable music in the past, but rave-by-numbers tracks like this are often the reason pop music gets a bad rap to begin with. Worst off, sadly, is Wayne, a rapper who once had everything to lose". Nathan Jolly of The Music Network gave the song 3 out of 5 stars, saying "Truthfully if this single was released by any other artist, it would be a hit, but Hilton has proven so polarising that nothing short of an Adele-style smash will really suffice, and as you listen you can't help but sense those in the wings with their claws out, waiting to pounce".
The music video for "Good Time" was recorded in a mansion in Hollywood Hills, and was directed by Hannah Lux Davis. It was released on October 8, 2013. and visual effects were created by GloriaFX. The music video finds Hilton beguiling a party and cooing suggestively over a juiced-up dance beat. In the clip, Hilton rolls around poolside, fist-pumps some glowsticks and poses luxuriously, while Lil Wayne raps lines like, "I walked up to a big butt/And asked her ass, 'But what?'" Hilton wears a swimsuit studded with Swarovski crystals. The video premiered on RollingStone.com on October 7, 2013. 
|US Hot Dance/Electronic Songs (Billboard)||18|
- Powell, Mike (October 23, 2013). Paris Hilton feat. Lil Wayne "Good Time". Rolling Stone. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
- Markman, Rob (September 26, 2013). "Paris Hilton And Birdman Getting Married?". MTV. Retrieved October 6, 2013.
- Wood, Mikael (8 October 2013). Listen to Paris Hilton's grim new single 'Good Time', Los Angeles Times
- Lipshutz, Jason (8 October 2013). Paris Hilton Returns With 'Good Time': Watch Lil Wayne-Assisted Video, Billboard (magazine)
- (2 October 2013). Paris Hilton vuelve a la música, ABC (newspaper) (in Spanish)
- Trinh, Jean (9 October 2013). Paris Hilton's Trippy Los Angeles Release Party For Her Single With Lil Wayne, The Daily Beast'
- Hyman, Dan. "Paris Hilton Parties With Lil Wayne in 'Good Time'". Rolling Stones. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Jolly, Nathan (October 14, 2013). Paris Hilton ft. Lil Wayne: Good Time. The Music Network. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
- Shankar, Natasha. "Music review: Paris Hilton feat. Lil' Wayne "Good Time"". SheKnows. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Wood, Mikael. "Listen to Paris Hilton's grim new single 'Good Time'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Lansky, Sam. "Paris Hilton's "Good Time": Hear The Heiress' Dance Cut With Lil Wayne". Idolator. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Hogan, Marc. "'Good Time' Video Party: Cash Money duo collides (in spirit) in visual for DJ Afrojack-produced rave-pop bauble". Spin. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Stern, Doug (July 24, 2013). "Paris Hilton "Good Time" (Hannah Lux Davis, dir.)". VideoStatic.com. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- Lipshutz, Jason. "Paris Hilton Returns With 'Good Time': Watch Lil Wayne-Assisted Video". Billboard. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Hampp, Andrew, "Paris Hilton Video Interview: On 'Good Time' Single & Upcoming Album", Billboard, October 7, 2013
- Walker, Jodi, "Paris Hilton's 'Good Time': A thorough lyrical analysis", Entertainment Week, Oct 8, 2013