Good Times Burgers & Frozen Custard
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genre||Hamburgers, Frozen custard|
Number of locations
Good Times Burgers & Frozen Custard is a Golden, Colorado-based fast-food restaurant specializing in premium burgers and frozen custard. Good Times Restaurants Inc. owns and operates 37 Good Times Burgers & Frozen Custard locations, 35 in Colorado, and two in Wyoming.
In 1968, Round the Corner Restaurants was started in Boulder, Colorado, and established a chain of gourmet, sit down hamburger restaurants. At its peak, Round the Corner had 30 restaurants in 4 states.
Between 1990 and 1993, Round the Corner became a subsidiary of Good Times Restaurants, Inc., and was spun off into a separate company in 1995. Round the Corner filed for bankruptcy in 1996, with Good Times as the only secured creditor. By 2000, the last remaining Round the Corner restaurant, located in Aurora, Colorado, had been sold to an independent operator.
In 2005, Good Times began a test agreement with Taco John's to open co-branded restaurants. In 2007, Good Times introduced new Bambino Burgers, slider hamburgers similar to those sold by White Castle.
In 2009, Good Times' signature Wild Fries were discontinued in favor of standard "fresh cut" fries. In 2010, Wild Fries were returned to the menu by popular demand.
In 2013, Good Times acquired a 48-percent interest in North Carolina-based franchiser Bad Daddy's Burger Bar, described as a "full service, upscale, 'small box' restaurant concept". The agreement included development rights for franchise locations in the states of Colorado, Arizona, and Kansas. In 2015, Good Times announced it would be acquiring the remaining 52 percent of Bad Daddy's for $21 million.
- "Colorado Locations : Good Times Burgers & Frozen Custard". Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- "Wyoming Locations : Good Times Burgers & Frozen Custard". Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- Wagner, Kyle (24 February 2000). "Survival of the fittest". Westword. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- "Notice of Annual Meeting of Shareholders, February 12, 1998". Good Times. Good Times Restaurants, Inc. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- "About Good Times at its official website". Retrieved 2009-11-05.
- "Good Times Announces Plan to Expand Co-Brand Test w/Taco John's". May 10, 2005. Retrieved October 13, 2007.
- "Good Times, Taco John's Test Co-Branding". Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- "Good Times Introduces New Bambino Burgers, October 2007". Retrieved October 13, 2007.
- Pankratz, Howard (April 15, 2013). "Good Times to develop Bad Daddy's Burger Bar in Colorado". Denver Poist. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Wallace, Alicia (28 April 2015). "Good Times paying $21 million for Bad Daddy's Burger Bar operations". Denver Post. Retrieved 16 June 2015.