Good Universe is an American film production company founded by Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane.
In Spring 2012, Good Universe was launched as longtime partners Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane transitioned out of Lionsgate, where Drake served as the president of the Lionsgate Motion Picture Group and Kahane as the president of Mandate Pictures. The company launched at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. The company used films from the development list of films it obtained from both Mandate Pictures, with a partnership from Lionsgate in order to help distribute the studio's movies, and had to expand the existing Ghost House Pictures label.
On March 5, 2014, it signed a pact with production company Point Grey Pictures, led by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg in order to set up a joint venture to produce comedy movies. On February 6, 2017, Fede Alvarez partnered with the company to set up Bad Hombre, which will produce films about the sci-fi and horror genres.
On September 2, 2015, the company is hiring Kelli Konop to serve as executive vice president of physical production for the company.
In 2017, Good Universe became a subsidiary of Lionsgate following Drake's return to the company as co-chair of the motion picture group. A year later, Nathan Kahane joined Lionsgate to serve as executive vice president of production at the company.
- The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (2023) (co-produced with Color Force and released by Lionsgate)
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022) (under Bad Hombre, released by Netflix)
- Don't Breathe 2 (2021) (under Bad Hombre, released by Stage 6 Films and Screen Gems)
- Desperados (2020) (released by Netflix)
- The Grudge (2020) (Uncredited, released by Screen Gems)
- Good Boys (2019) (released by Universal Pictures)
- Always Be My Maybe (2019) (released by Netflix)
- Long Shot (2019) (released by Lionsgate)
- Ibiza (2018) (released by Netflix)
- Extinction (2018) (released by Netflix)
- Blockers (2018) (released by Universal Pictures)
- The Disaster Artist (2017) (released by A24 (United States) and Warner Bros. Pictures (International))
- The House (2017) (released by Warner Bros. Pictures)
- Don't Breathe (2016) (released by Stage 6 Films and Screen Gems)
- Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (2016) (released by Universal Pictures)
- The Night Before (2015) (released by Columbia Pictures)
- Neighbors (2014) (released by Universal Pictures)
- Oldboy (2013) (released by FilmDistrict)
- Last Vegas (2013) (released by CBS Films)
- ^ "Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane Starts New Film Label Good Universe". Deadline. Retrieved August 19, 2016.
- ^ "Good Universe sells at Cannes". Variety. Retrieved August 19, 2016.
- ^ McNary, Dave (2012-05-01). "Ex-Lionsgate, Mandate execs prep new venture". Variety. Retrieved 2022-01-10.
- ^ McNary, Dave (2014-03-06). "Seth Rogen Pacts with Good Universe for Movie Comedies". Variety. Retrieved 2022-01-10.
- ^ McNary, Dave (2017-02-06). "'Don't Breathe' Director Fede Alvarez Partners With Good Universe for Bad Hombre". Variety. Retrieved 2022-01-10.
- ^ McNary, Dave (2015-09-02). "Good Universe Hires Kelli Konop for Production Post". Variety. Retrieved 2022-01-10.
- ^ "Lionsgate Names Joe Drake Co-Chair of Motion Picture Group". Variety.
- ^ Lang, Brent (2018-05-17). "Lionsgate Taps Nathan Kahane as Motion Picture Group President (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2022-01-10.