Type of site
|Available in||26 languages|
|No. of locations||3 (Hamburg, Tokyo, Seoul)|
|Key people||Oleg Rößger (CEO)|
Verena Schnaus (CFO)
|Industry||Mobile and browser games|
|Operating income||EUR13.4 million|
Goodgame Studios is an online games company founded in 2009 by Kai Wawrzinek, Christian Wawrzinek and Fabian Ritter. The company is based in Hamburg, Germany, and part of the Stillfront Group since 2018. The company has created or acquired the rights to eight games, including Goodgame Empire, Jump Jupiter, Goodgame Big Farm, Goodgame Galaxy, Goodgame Hercules, Goodgame Gangster, Goodgame Disco, Goodgame Cafè, Goodgame Farmer, Goodgame Farmfever, Goodgame Fashion, Goodgame Poker, Shadow Kings: Dark Ages, Legends of Honor, and Infernals. Goodgame Farmer was discontinued on February 28, 2013, while Goodgame Cafè, Goodgame Disco and Goodgame Fashion were deleted on November 3, 2016. Jump Jupiter, Goodgame Hercules and Goodgame Farmfever were also removed. The company's lifetime revenue crossed $1 billion in November 2017.
Goodgame Empire is a free-to-play medieval castle-building strategy game launched in 2011. Players build a castle and use troops to attack both computer-controlled and player enemies; they can join alliances, complete quests and take part in events. Goodgame Empire is available for web browser; Empire: Four Kingdoms is available for Android and iOS. In the game there are three main resource types. These three are food, wood, and stone. Besides those there are coins and rubies. Players also choose and collect commanders and are able to equip them with armor and weapons. The game's lifetime revenue crossed $800 million in August 2017.
Goodgame Big Farm
Goodgame Big Farm is a free-to-play farming simulator. Players build up farms, producing and selling products. There are different farms to be unlocked as the player achieves higher levels, and the player also can then participate in various activities that last from 3 days to 30 days. Players can also join a cooperative and play with the teammates in their cooperative.
Goodgame Gangster is a free-to-play RPG game, where players advance through levels and rankings in the leader board. Players collect items and weapons, completed quests and fight enemies and other players. It was called Goodgame Mafia from 2010 to 2012.
- "Founding of Goodgame Studios". Goodgame Studios. 15 June 2009. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Goodgame Studios quietly becomes one of Germany's biggest game companies". VentureBeat.com. March 30, 2015. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- Fröhlich, Petra (13 April 2021). "Die größten Games-Studios in Deutschland 2021" [The largest game studios in Germany in 2021]. GamesWirtschaft (in German). Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "Company Overview of GoodGame Studios". Bloomberg Businessweek. Archived from the original on June 21, 2014.
- "Goodgame Studios surpasses $1 billion in lifetime revenues in eight years". November 29, 2017.
- "Goodgame Empire surpasses $800 million lifetime revenues". August 23, 2017.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150204061016/https://www.goodgamestudios.com/company/press/releases/goodgame-mafia-is-renamed-goodgame-gangster/ https://web.archive.org/web/20180829045239/http://media.goodgamestudios.com/press/2012-10-10_GGS-PM_Mafia_Is_Renamed_Gangster_EN.pdf