Type of site
|Available in||26 languages|
|No. of locations||3 (Hamburg, Tokyo, Seoul)|
|Founder(s)||Kai Wawrzinek, Christian Wawrzinek, Fabian Ritter|
|Key people||Kai Wawrzinek (CEO)|
|Industry||Mobile and browser games|
|Operating income||EUR13.4 million|
|Alexa rank||309 (July 2014[update])|
Goodgame Studios is an online games company founded in 2009 and based in Hamburg, Germany, and part of the Stillfront Group since 2018. The company has created or acquired the rights to eight games, including Goodgame Empire, Jump Jupiter, Goodgame Big Farm, Goodgame Galaxy, Goodgame Hercules, Goodgame Gangster, Goodgame Disco, Goodgame Cafè, Goodgame Farmer, Goodgame Farmfever, Goodgame Fashion, Goodgame Poker, Shadow Kings: Dark Ages, Legends of Honor, and Infernals. Goodgame Farmer was discontinued in February 28, 2013, while Goodgame Cafè, Goodgame Disco and Goodgame Fashion were deleted in November 3, 2016. Jump Jupiter, Goodgame Hercules and Goodgame Farmfever were also removed. The company's lifetime revenue crossed $1 billion in November 2017.
Goodgame Empire is a free-to-play medieval castle-building strategy game launched in 2011. Players build a castle and use troops to attack both computer-controlled and player enemies; they can join alliances, complete quests and take part in events. Goodgame Empire is available for web browser; Empire: Four Kingdoms is available for Android and iOS. In the game there are three main resource types. These three are food, wood, and stone. Besides those there are coins and rubies. Players also choose and collect commanders and are able to equip them with armor and weapons. The game's lifetime revenue crossed $800 million in August 2017.
Goodgame Big Farm
Goodgame Big Farm is a free-to-play farming simulator. Players build up farms, producing and selling products.
Goodgame Gangster was a free-to-play RPG game, where players advanced through levels and rankings in the leader board. It was called Goodgame Mafia from 2010 to 2012.
- "Founding of Goodgame Studios". Goodgame Studios. 15 June 2009. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Goodgame Studios quietly becomes one of Germany's biggest game companies". VentureBeat.com. March 30, 2015. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- "Careers at Goodgame". Goodgame Studios. Archived from the original on 2014-12-18. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "goodgamestudios.com". Alexa. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Company Overview of GoodGame Studios". Bloomberg Businessweek. Archived from the original on June 21, 2014.
- "Goodgame Studios surpasses $1 billion in lifetime revenues in eight years". November 29, 2017.
- "Goodgame Empire surpasses $800 million lifetime revenues". August 23, 2017.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20150204061016/https://www.goodgamestudios.com/company/press/releases/goodgame-mafia-is-renamed-goodgame-gangster/ https://web.archive.org/web/20180829045239/http://media.goodgamestudios.com/press/2012-10-10_GGS-PM_Mafia_Is_Renamed_Gangster_EN.pdf