From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As a surname, "Goodspeed" GS derives from "Godspeed", which in turn comes from the expression "God speed (you)", a wish for success and fortune on behalf of one setting out on a trip or an enterprise.
People with the surname
- Dan Goodspeed (born 1977), US athlete in football
- Edgar J. Goodspeed (1871–1962), US theologian, scholar and author of numerous writings about the Bible.
- Estella Goodspeed and Allen Goodspeed, wife and son of Arthur Scott Bailey
- Joey Goodspeed (born 1978), US athlete in football
- Marjorie Reynolds (1917–1997), US film actress, born Marjorie Goodspeed
- Paula Goodspeed (1978-2008), US singer and American Idol auditioner, accused stalker of Paula Abdul
- Dr. Stanley Goodspeed, a character in the 1996 US film The Rock.
- Horace Goodspeed, a character in the US television series Lost.
- Ethan Rom, alias of Dr. Ethan Goodspeed, a character in the US television series Lost
|This page lists people with the surname Goodspeed. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|