Goodwin Steel Castings
|Traded as||LSE: GDWN|
|Steven Birks (Chairman)|
Bernard Goodwin (Managing Director)
Andrew Lowe (Director and general manager)
Paul Chambers (Production Director)
Steve Roberts (Technical Director)
Brian Quinn (Sales Director)
Les Peake (Quality Control Director)
Brian Quinn (Quality Assurance Director)
|Products||Machined steel castings|
|Services||Bespoke heavy engineering|
Goodwin Steel Castings has been a supplier of machined castings since 1883. The foundry, with 180 employees, is supported by its sister company, Goodwin International Ltd, located 5 km away which carries out machining, fabrication and assembly work on the castings produced by the foundry. The Goodwin machine shop employs some 270 people in its modern CNC machining facility.
Goodwin Steel Castings Ltd, part of the engineering group Goodwin PLC, is the foremost independent producer of high alloy and high quality integrity castings in the United Kingdom.
The company has been in the casting industry since its formation in 1883. It is one of the 10 oldest companies listed on the UK Stock Exchange.
In 1984 Goodwins was the first steel foundry in the world to be awarded accreditation by the British Standards Institution to BS5750 (now ISO9001) for casting production and also for the computer simulation of casting feeding. In 2006 the company was awarded the Queen's Award for International Trade.
The company specialises in cast parts for suppliers to the engineering, nuclear, oil, petrochemical, and process industries worldwide. Materials supplied include carbon, low alloy, stainless steel, heat resistant, duplex and super duplex stainless steels and super nickel alloys.
They supply machined castings from 200 kg to 10,000 kg as single pieces and up to 18,000 kg as fabricated single components. Welded assemblies up to 50,000 kg can be supplied.
Goodwin castings are used in a variety of projects. Some of the more high-profile projects are listed below.
- Hardanger Bridge
- Oakland Bay Bridge Eastern Span Replacement
- Tsing Ma Bridge
- Jiangyin Bridge
Power Generation (including Nuclear)
Goodwin have been heavily involved in Nickel alloy development programs for fossil fuel power plants for Advanced Super Critical Applications (A-USC). These projects include:
- "Goodwin Steel Castings – Profile". Archived from the original on 10 October 2011. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- "Goodwin Steel Castings – Approvals". Archived from the original on 25 March 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- The Queen's Awards For Enterprise Magazine | The Queen's Awards For Enterprise Magazine Archived 15 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Stoke-on-Trent business Goodwin wins Norway bridge contract
- Host list | Search Archived 21 November 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Goodwin Steel Castings – Bridges". Archived from the original on 25 March 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- "Goodwin Steel Castings – Structural". Archived from the original on 25 March 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- Abstracts: People: teaching practise. Creative casting. People: accidential architect – Business, international
- Paddington Station Phase 1 Masterplan, London Archived 26 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Goodwin Steel Castings – Renewable". Archived from the original on 25 March 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2011.