This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Type of site
Google Base was a database provided by Google into which any user can add almost any type of content, such as text, images, and structured information in formats such as XML, PDF, Excel, RTF, or WordPerfect. As of September 2010, the product has been downgraded to Google Merchant Center.
If Google found user-added content relevant, submitted content appeared on its shopping search engine, Google Maps or even the web search. The piece of content could then be labeled with attributes like the ingredients for a recipe or the camera model for stock photography. Because information about the service was leaked before public release, it generated much interest in the information technology community prior to release. Google subsequently responded on their blog with an official statement:
- "You may have seen stories today reporting on a new product that we're testing, and speculating about our plans. Here's what's really going on. We are testing a new way for content owners to submit their content to Google, which we hope will complement existing methods such as our web crawl and Google Sitemaps. We think it's an exciting product, and we'll let you know when there's more news."
Files could be uploaded to the Google Base servers by browsing your computer or the web, by various FTP methods, or by API coding. Online tools were provided to view the number of downloads of the user's files, and other performance measures.
- List of Google services and tools
- Resources of a Resource – ROR
- Base Feeder – Software to create bulk submission Google Base Feeds
- Google Base
- Official Google Base Blog
- Official Google Blog Press Release
- Google Base API Mashups
- "Introducing the Google Merchant Center". googlebase.blogspot.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-09. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "New Shopping APIs and Deprecation of the Base API". googlemerchantblog.blogspot.com. Archived from the original on 2011-01-28. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "גוגל שופינג". Thursday, 25 March 2021