|Area served|| Australia|
|Industry||Domain name registration|
|Launched||June 13, 2014|
Google Domains offers domain registration (including private domain registration), DNS hosting, DNSSEC, Dynamic DNS, domain forwarding, and email forwarding. It also offers one-click DNS configuration that connects the domains with Blogger, Google Sites, Squarespace, Wix.com, Weebly and Shopify. The service is accredited by ICANN.
On September 29, 2015, a former Google employee Sanmay Ved managed to buy the Google.com domain from Google via Google Domains, and gain full webmaster control. Google later acknowledged the purchase, and rewarded Ved with the sum of 6006.13 dollars. He in turn asked to donate the reward to charities. As a result, Google doubled the amount. The reason for the unusual amount was that it should represent the Google lettering.
- Is Google Domains available in my country?
- Kumparak, Greg (June 23, 2014). "Google Gets Into Domain Sales". TechCrunch.
- Perez, Sarah (January 13, 2015). "Google Domains Launches To All In U.S. With Support For Blogger Integration, Templates And More Domain Endings". TechCrunch. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Lisota, Kevin (January 15, 2015). "Google Domains: Useful for some small business owners, but useless in many cases". GeekWire. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Pinola, Melanie (January 13, 2015). "You Can Now Buy and Sell Domain Names on Google Domains". LifeHack. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Carson, Biz (30 September 2015). "This guy bought 'Google.com' from Google for one minute". Business Insider. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- Carson, Biz (8 October 2015). "Google rewarded the guy who bought Google.com, and he donated it all to charity". Business Insider. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "Finderlohn für Domain - Kurzzeitiger Kauf von Google.com bringt 12.000 Dollar". spiegel.de (in German). Spiegel Online. 15 January 2016. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
|This Google-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|