|Industry||Domain name registration|
|Launched||June 13, 2014|
Google Domains offers domain registration (including private domain registration), DNS hosting, DNSSEC, Dynamic DNS, domain forwarding, and email forwarding. It also offers one-click DNS configuration that connects the domains with Blogger, Google Sites, Squarespace, Wix.com, Weebly and Shopify. The service is accredited by ICANN.
Google Domains was publicly launched under a beta test mode on January 13, 2015 and still remains in beta as of March 2021. Anecdotally, Google became a domain name registrar as early as in 2005.
- "Google Domain Frequently asked questions".
- Kumparak, Greg (June 23, 2014). "Google Gets Into Domain Sales". TechCrunch.
- Perez, Sarah (January 13, 2015). "Google Domains Launches To All In U.S. With Support For Blogger Integration, Templates And More Domain Endings". TechCrunch. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Lisota, Kevin (January 15, 2015). "Google Domains: Useful for some small business owners, but useless in many cases". GeekWire. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Pinola, Melanie (January 13, 2015). "You Can Now Buy and Sell Domain Names on Google Domains". LifeHack. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Google becomes domain name seller".