Google Get Your Business Online
Google Get Your Business Online is a program launched by Google in 2011 aimed at increasing the web presence of small businesses and cities by providing free advice on search engine optimization and helping business owners update their information on Google for free. The program started rolling out across the US in 2012. Partners in the program include the Association of Small Business Development Centers, SCORE and Intuit. A recent initiative of the program, entitled "Let's Put Our Cities on the Map" was launched in March 2015. According to USA Today, "Google has generated customized websites for virtually every town and city in the U.S. to enable local businesses to learn to improve the information that shows up on Google search, Google maps and Google+." It has been described as a community-based organization aimed at helping small businesses succeed on the Web by bringing community members, business owners, and local business leaders together. USA Today described the program as an "aggressive new program to help small businesses get found online." The program includes access to additional online resources including mentoring and workshops. Local chambers of commerce have worked with Google in a partnering basis. In some instances, Google works with a website development service called Yola which helps businesses build and customize a website.
- Clancy, Heather (March 6, 2012). "Google lures small businesses with free Web site offer". ZDnet
- Abrams, Rhonda (March 25, 2015). "Google launches small-business initiative". USA Today
- Delco News Network (December 4, 2015). "Chamber of Commerce event helps local small businesses. BusinessNewsDaily
- Emily Corwin (July 20, 2012). "Liveblog! At Google's Get Your Business Online Event". NPR. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
...Google is launching a year-long Get Your Business Online campaign in New Hampshire ...
- Rhonda Abrams (March 25, 2015). "Google launches small-business initiative". USA Today. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
...aggressive new program to help small businesses get found online...
- Rose Dugar (February 28, 2014). "Kearny mayor reminds local businesses about Get Your Business Online partnership". The Jersey Journal. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
... Small business owners who participate will have access to additional resources, workshops and individual mentoring...
- CT Weekender (November 13, 2015). "Free Workshop Aims To Put The Lower Naugatuck Valley On The Map". Hartford Sun-Times. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
...free workshop being offered by the Greater Valley Chamber of Commerce and Pepperland Marketing. The two groups have partnered with Google’s Get Your Business Online program which aims to bring community members, business owners and civic leaders together to help small businesses succeed on the web....
- Jenny Lee (November 9, 2011). "Online tool helps DJ spin profitable tune: The first time Daniel d'Oliveira tried to build a website for his DJ business, it sucked". Canada.com & Vancouver Sun. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
...Google's Get Your Business Online program (www.gybo. ca) is a partnership with Yola, a website building and hosting service....[permanent dead link]
- Official website
- Angeles, Sara (April 7, 2015). "Google for Business: A Small Business Guide". Business News Daily
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|