Google Play Pass
|Type||App subscription service|
|Launch date||September 23, 2019|
Google Play Pass is an app subscription service by Google for Android devices. It was launched on September 23, 2019 in the United States. In July 2020, the service launched as planned in other Western countries, including Germany, Australia, and Canada. Subscribers can access the included apps and games without ads and in-app purchases for a monthly or yearly subscription. There are over 460 curated titles available under the service, which range from puzzles to podcasts.
Google Play Pass gives users access to a curated catalogue of a variety of apps and games taken directly from the Google Play Store without any ads or the need for additional in-app purchases. Play Pass can be shared with up to five other family members.
App developers who wish to offer their app as part of the subscription can apply to be considered for inclusion in the service and according to Google, "will receive royalties based on algorithmic methods that incorporate signals which capture how users value all types of content".
- Webster, Andrew (September 23, 2019). "Google Play Pass bundles 350 Android games and apps for $4.99 per month". The Verge.
- Peter Steinlechner (July 8, 2020). "Spieleabo: Google Play Pass auf Android eröffnet" (in German). golem.de. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- Peter Steinlechner (July 14, 2020). "Mobile Games: Spieleabo Google Play Pass startet in Deutschland" (in German). golem.de. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- "Google Play Pass". Google Play Pass. Retrieved July 16, 2020.
- "Here are 460 apps and games available on Google Play Pass right now". Android Police. June 26, 2020. Retrieved June 29, 2020.
- Babu Mohan (March 2, 2022). "Google finally launches its Play Pass subscription service in India". Android Central. Retrieved July 17, 2022.
- "Google Play Pass". play.google.com. Retrieved July 17, 2022.
- "Engage new users and earn revenue with Google Play Pass". Android Developers. Retrieved December 15, 2019.