|Subsidiary of Alphabet|
New York City
|Total assets||$2 billion|
Google Ventures is the corporate venture capital investment arm of Alphabet Inc and provides seed, venture, and growth stage funding to technology companies. The firm operates independently from Google and makes financially driven investment decisions. Google Ventures seeks to invest in startup companies in a variety of fields ranging from Internet, software, and hardware to cleantech, biotech, and health care.
The group was founded on March 31, 2009, with a $100 million capital commitment. In 2012, that commitment was raised to $300 million annually, and the fund has $2 billion under management. In 2014, the group announced $125 million to invest in promising European startups.
Google Ventures was one of the first venture capital firms to employ the venture capital services model. It provides portfolio companies with access to operational help after making a financial investment. Full-time partners at Google Ventures work with portfolio companies on design and product management, marketing, engineering, and recruiting.
- Nest Labs, Acquired, 2014
- iPierian, Acquired 2014 
- Collaborate.com, Acquired, 2013
- Sold, Acquired, 2013
- The Climate Corporation, Acquired, 2013
- Foundation Medicine, IPO, 2013
- RetailMeNot, IPO, 2013
- Makani Power, Acquired, 2013
- Astrid, Acquired, 2013
- Parse, Acquired, 2013
- Silver Spring Networks, IPO, 2013
- Dasient, Acquired, 2012
- Stamped, Acquired, 2012
- Buffer Box, Acquired, 2012
- Thinknear, Acquired, 2012
- Milk, Acquired, 2012
- Hipster, Acquired, 2012
- PrimaTable, Acquired, 2012
- Zencoder, Acquired, 2012
- HomeAway, IPO, 2011
|Pixazza||Advertising content in web-based pictures||2009-3|
|Silver Spring Networks||Smart grid technology||2009-3|
|VigLink Inc.||Web link affiliation||2009-6|
|EnglishCentral||English language learning||2009-10|
|Scvngr||Location-based gaming platform for mobile phones||2009-12|
|Pomegranate Supermarket||Kosher Food Kosher Innovators||2010-15|
|Recorded Future||Web trends||2010-5|
|Trada||Pay per click advertising||2010-7|
|Miso Media||Music Education||2010-12|
|LawPivot||Online legal services||2011-1|
|Nest Labs||Intelligent thermostat||2011-8|
|Rocket Lawyer||Internet legal services||2011-8|
|Clean Power Finance||Residential Solar Finance||2011-9|
|Enterproid||Enterprise mobility management||2011-10|
|Triptrotting||offering travelers local activities and hosts||2012-5|
|Rockbot (formerly Roqbot)||background music and jukebox app for businesses||2012-6|
|Vungle||In-app video advertising||2012-5|
|Smarterer||Skills assessment testing||2012-6|
|DocuSign||digital signatures in electronic documents||2012-9|
|Shape Security||Network security||2013-1|
|Ripple Labs||Digital payment system, currency exchange and remittance network||2013-5|
|Airware||Unmanned Aerial Systems||2013-5|
|Disruptor Beam||Social/mobile Games||2013-6|
|Uber (company)||Vehicles for hire||2013-9|
|mParticle (company)||Mobile app data automation||2013-10|
|Airseed||Consumer intelligence developer platform||2014-2|
|Namo Media||Advertising content for mobile applications||2014-3|
|Secret Escapes||Luxury travel flash deals||2015-6|
- Schonfeld, Erick (2009-04-04). "The Google Ventures Cheat Sheet". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- "Exclusive: Google Ventures beefs up fund size to $300 million a year". Reuters.
- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/bill-maris-interview-google-ventures-into-europe-9822317.html. Missing or empty
- "Google Ventures invests in Europe".
- "Will Google disrupt venture capital?". Fortune.
- Manjoo, Farhad. "Google's Creative Destruction". Fast Company.
- "How Google Ventures does rapid prototyping ‘design sprints’ with its 170 startups". VentureBeat.
- "Inside A Google Ventures Design Sprint". TechCrunch.
- "Google Ventures – Portfolio". Google Ventures. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- Moore, Galen (2009-06-30). "Stealthy VigLink lands Google Ventures funds". Mass High Tech. American City Business Journals, Inc. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- Bigelow, Bruce V. (5 August 2009). "Google Ventures Emerges as Investor in San Diego’s V-Vehicle Co.". Xconomy, Inc. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- Pollack, Andrew (2009-10-01). "Google’s Venture Arm Invests in Biotech Start-Up". The New York Times (The New York Times Company). Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- Moore, Galen (2009-10-01). "Google Ventures, Atlas back language startup EnglishCentral". Mass High Tech. American City Business Journals, Inc. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- Kincaid, Jason (24 December 2009). "SCVNGR Raises $4 Million From Google Ventures". TechCrunch. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- Mastrull, Amanda (2010-05-04). "Google invests in company, Recorded Future, that tries to predict the future". The New York Times (The New York Times Company). Retrieved 2010-05-04.
- "Google Ventures Invests In Web Security Company Dasient".
- . CrunchBase. August 11, 2011.
- Rao, Leena. August Capital, Google Ventures Put $18.5M In Online Legal Service Rocket Lawyer. TechCrunch. August 11, 2011.
- "Clean Power Finance connects investors, solar providers and gets $75M from Google".
- >Rao, Leena (September 27, 2011). "Google Ventures, Foundry Group Put $1M In Yesware, Email Tracking And Productivity Platform For Salespeople". TechCrunch.
- Rao, Leena. Enterprise Mobile Computing Platform Enterproid Raises $11M From Google Ventures, Comcast And Qualcomm. TechCrunch. October 6, 2011.
- Travel: The #1 Place To Go In 2012. Forbes. July 16, 2012
- Roqbot Raises $1.2M From Google Ventures & More To Turn Your Smartphone Into A Social Jukebox. "TechCrunch. June 12, 2012
- TuneIn grabs $16M from General Catalyst, Google Ventures, others to dominate radio apps | VentureBeat | Deals | by Sean Ludwig. VentureBeat. Retrieved on 2013-11-29.
- Vungle Raises $2 Million for Mobile Developers to Promote Apps Through Video Trailers. MarketWatch. May 2, 2012.
- . TechCrunch. June 5, 2012.
- Cutler, Kim-Mai (Sep 5, 2013). "Get Your Friends, Co-Workers Out Of "Password Remembering Hell" With Matrix-Backed Mitro". TechCrunch.
- DocuSign $8 Million for digitale signaturen in elektronischen dokumenten. DocuSign.
- Excited to announce my first +Google Ventures investment, rally.org!< Kevin Rose
- Twilio For Education Data, Clever, Lands $3M From Kevin Rose, Mike Maples & Ashton Kutcher, Now In 2K Schools
- Disruptive Web Security Startup Shape Security Nabs $20M From Venrock, Google Ventures, Kleiner, Eric Schmidt
- Google Ventures invests in OpenCoin, the firm behind Bitcoin exchange Ripple
- Gerone, Tomio (May 15, 2013). "Drone Startup Airware Lands $10.7 Million Series A Led By Andreessen Horowitz". Forbes.
- Alspach, Kyle (June 18, 2013). "Disruptor Beam gets Google Ventures funding to expand 'Game of Thrones Ascent'". Boston Business Journal.
- Rao, Leena (September 3, 2013). "After $258M Google Ventures And TPG Investment, Uber Hires Finance, Business, And Growth Execs". TechCrunch.
- Swisher, Kara (October 15, 2013). "Former Yahoo Ad Exec Michael Katz Gets $3M for Mobile Data Startup". AllThingsD.
- Ingram, Mathew (December 6, 2013). "Google may own online ads but it still needs to figure out mobile, and it’s betting Yieldmo can help". Gigaom.
- "Airseed - About the Team". Airseed.
- Peterson, Tim (18 March 2013). "Google Ventures Leads $1.875 Million Funding Round in Native Mobile Ad Startup Namo Media to Focus on in-feed in-app ads". Ad Week. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Secret Escapes secures $60m in funding for expansion". Retrieved 2015-10-06.