|Location||Goolwa, South Australia|
|Elevation AMSL||104 ft / 32 m|
Goolwa Airport (ICAO: YGWA) is an airport located in Goolwa, South Australia 2.2 nautical miles (4.1 km; 2.5 mi) northwest of the town centre. The facility is primarily used for recreational flying and general aviation. The airport hosts the Goolwa Classic Air Show, the biggest non-military air show in South Australia.
Goolwa Airport has three runways:
- Runway 01/19 1,500 m (4,921 ft) Bitumen
- Runway 09/27 680 m (2,231 ft) Grass
- Runway 16/34 1,000 m (3,281 ft) Grass
There is an approved RA-Aus FTF (Recreational Aviation Australia) located on the airfield: flyingonline.biz
- "Huge air show for Goolwa". The Times (Australia). 15 February 2007. Archived from the original on 5 August 2008. Retrieved 2 August 2008.
- "Search result for "Goolwa Aerodrome" (Record no SA0015584) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and " Place names (gazetteer)"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- PDF). AIP En Route Supplement from Airservices Australia, effective 17 August 2017 (
- Runway Layout. Goolwa Airport S.A. Retrieved on 2 August 2008.
- Alistair Smith (27 February 2005). "Down in the (Murray) mouth". The Age. Retrieved 2 August 2008.
|This article about an Australian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in South Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|