Goose Creek Memorial High School
|Goose Creek Memorial High School|
6001 East Wallisville Road|
Baytown, Texas 77521-6533
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Goose Creek Consolidated Independent School District|
|Color(s)||Red, Black & Silver|
|Athletics||Football, volleyball, basketball, baseball, track, cross country, soccer, softball, swimming, golf, tennis|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAA|
|Website||Goose Creek Memorial High School|
Goose Creek Memorial High School is a public high school in an unincorporated area of Harris County, Texas, United States and is located north of Baytown. Goose Creek Memorial is one of the three public high schools in the Goose Creek Consolidated Independent School District and was built to accommodate the growing population of northern Goose Creek CISD. It was opened with grades 9 to 11 for the 2008-2009 school year, adding students in grade 12 the following year. In 2011, the school was rated "Academically Acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2016)
The school was built as part of the district's 2005 bond, worth a total of $220.5 million. The school was to open with grades 9, 10, and 11; its first graduation would occur in 2010. The school initially had 1,200 students and 82 teachers. The dedication ceremony was scheduled for February 2, 2009.
The Goose Creek CISD board took 33 names suggested by area residents and engaged four rounds of voting. The most popular choices were Goose Creek Memorial, Sam Houston, and Juan Seguin, and the board selected Memorial. The CCISD approved the school's name on August 27, 2007.
Neighborhoods served by Goose Creek Memorial
Mascot and colors
A selection of students and parents in the anticipated attendance zone for Goose Creek Memorial were in charge of selecting the choice of the school mascot and colors. They selected the school mascot and the colors red, black, and silver.
Goose Creek, upon opening, joined the University Interscholastic League (UIL) 4A school group. School officials projected it would be upgraded to rank 5A after population growth occurred. By July 1, 2008 the school hired its head coaches.
The Goose Creek Memorial Patriots compete in the following sports:
Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track, Softball & Baseball
- "GOOSE CREEK MEMORIAL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 3, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2008-04-19.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2012-06-28.
- "Memorial High School dedication ceremony set". Houston Chronicle. 2009-01-31. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- Christian, Carol (2007-08-07). "New campus named Goose Creek Memorial High School". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- http://www.gccisd.net/082107%20Final%20Rezoning%20decrips/HIGHSCHOOLBOUNDARIEOPTION2.pdf[permanent dead link]
- Goldsmith, Barrett (2007-08-30). "GC Memorial Patriots are born". Baytown Sun. Archived from the original on 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- "GCCISD names third high school". Houston Chronicle. 2007-09-05. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- Hveem, Todd (2008-07-01). "Goose Creek done naming head coaches". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-12-31.